After a while, Jen finished her drink and got up from her chair to throw away her can. After a few directions from Steve, she made her way into the house and tossed her can in the trash. When she walked back outside, Steve was shotgunning a beer, completely draining the can within seconds.

Jennifer shook her head with a smile before sitting on the chair next to Eric, watching as Steve fell back on his chair. Nancy stared at him as he lit a cigarette with an amused look on her face.

"Is that supposed to impress me?" she asked with a smile.

"You're not?" he asked, his cigarette in between his teeth.

Jennifer turned to look at Eric, a lazy smile on her face.

"Wanna get me another beer?" she asked, giving him her best puppy dog eyes.

Eric sighed while getting up from his chair.

"Anything for you, babe," he said, lifting her chin up with his fingers and placing a peck on her lips.

Jennifer bit her lip, a blush rising to her cheeks. She leaned back in her chair and watched as Nancy took a beer from Steve's hand and started to cut a hole in it with a knife.

"You gotta make a little hole right-,"

"I got it," Nancy said, cutting off Steve.

"Yeah, she's smart, you douche!" Tommy laughed, his arm around Carol.

Eric returned with a beer, placing it in Jens hand before helping her up and off of the chair. Jennifer watched in amusement as Nancy raised the can to her lips and cracked the top.

"Chug, chug, chug..."

Everyone began chanting Nancy on, smiling as she downed the entire can. She let the can drop to the ground with a clatter and raised her hands in the air, a smile on her face.

"Wow, Wheeler," Eric smiled.

Nancy glanced at Jennifer and sent her a mischievous smile. "Your turn," she said, handing Jen the knife.

Jennifer left Eric's side and took the knife from her friends hand. She pressed the blade of the knife into the bottom of the can and when it broke the side, she was sprayed in the face with beer.

"Ugh!" she groaned, ignoring the laughter erupting around her.

She dug her thumb into the hole and made it wide enough to drink from before cracking the top and beginning to drink.

Everyone began to chant, the same as they had done with Nancy. When she finished, Jennifer threw her can on the ground and brought Nancy in for a high-five.

"Barb, you wanna try?" Nancy asked, noticing the girl sitting quietly on a chair.

Barb looked up at Nancy and immediately shook her head.

"What? No," she denied. "No, I don't want to. Thanks,"

"Come on..." Nancy persisted, taking Barbs hand.

"Nance, I don't want to," Barb pleaded, shaking her head.

"Oh, come on, Barb," Jen rolled her eyes. "We're not in it for the long run... right?"

Barb looked at Jennifer for a second, a slight angry look in her eyes before standing up in her chair and taking the can and knife from Nancy.

She tried stabbing the can, obviously unsure of how to do things. Suddenly, the knife slipped off the slippery edge of the can and sliced into her hand.

Jens eyes widened in shock and she heard Eric mutter "Oh, fuck" from beside her. Tommy let out a low chuckle and glanced at Eric from across the deck, an amused look on his face.