Maeve approached them and Jane smiled at her, "Hey, so I heard you found a special someone? Elena?"

            "Yeah," Maeve smiled carefully. Homelander had revealed on live TV that she was dating Elena; and she knew what he did to people that got close to her. "She's great."

              Jane thought she looked kind of fearful but didn't think too much on it. She didn't notice that John smiled threateningly, "You're in love, Maeve. It's beautiful."

                Maeve realized that even though he was now with Jane, he still wasn't going to get better. He was still going to be the same cruel and violent person he always was.

                "And so are you," Maeve bit back with a smile as John began to frown. "Jane, you must be so happy to be with someone so kind and good."

                 His eyes held anger as they flashed red at the veiled threat to reveal his true nature. To turn Jane against him. He wouldn't allow it, ever.

                  "I am," Jane gave a small toothed smile and Maeve felt bad. But she knew Homelander wouldn't touch Elena if he knew she'd tell Jane everything. He wouldn't dare.

             _____

              Jane was now in the makeup trailer having blush coated onto her cheeks when John entered. He gestured to the door with an agitated tone, "All of you can just...leave us."

               Ashley had shown him the video that was circulating. He went to the Middle East and lasered a super villain but his lasers ended up going through a hidden man behind him, a civilian.

               All the workers filed out quickly as she asked worriedly, "What's wrong?"

                He sighed as he approached her before picking up a makeup brush in disgust before putting it down, "You don't even need this fucking crap."

               "John," she scolded.

                He showed her the video on a tablet and then ranted as he leaned against the makeup table she sat in front of, "I'm down nine fucking points. Nine."

                She blinked at the disconnect. He was worried about points when he killed a civilian. Maybe he already went through his process about it but didn't want to be seen as weak in front of her.

                "John, this can be fixed," she reassured him as she played with his fingers. "I'll get in front of a camera later and with my little powers of persuasion, this will be old news."

                  It was easy to convince the public of anything when it came from her lips. Everyone was enamored with her so her approval rating was through the roof, sitting at a 98%, higher than John. Higher than anyone in history. (Only Soldier Boy had ever been close to her at a 97%).

                  "Why can't you do it now?" he complained like a child as he crossed his arms.

                 She raised an eyebrow as she stood up, "It's not the end of the world, John. You can wait. We have a scene to film."