Chapter 29: Dolled up

The next morning the mansion was filled with chatter. The maids were preparing for the ball which would be taking place tomorrow evening.

As usual, some women bring racks upon racks of expensive ballgowns to my sister's room first. She always gets first pick.

After two hours, in which Kane had left to attend to some duties. The women finally come to my room wheeling in the dresses. Once they are all in I start combing the racks for the perfect dress. I used to not care for this kind of thing, but part of me wanted to stunn Kane, make him breathless with my beauty. I giggle at the thought.

It felt like I skimmed through all the racks ten times. I let out a frustrating huff not being able to find the perfect dress. I hated that I felt so spoiled at the moment but I wanted to enjoy myself at the ball, and not look like an umpa lumpa.

Shifting through all the tull and sequence something white catches my eye. Fighting the puffy dresses, I pull out a white gown. It was more simple than the others but looked expensive and breathtaking anyway. I have to try it on.

With the help of some of the women, I had the dress on perfectly and faced the mirror. My mouth fell open at the sight in front of me. The white silky dress was off the shoulders, with a tight sweetheart neckline that made my breasts look killer. The dress had a high slit up the left side, high enough that I will have to be careful not to flash anyone. The dress also had a train, however, with my short height I'll have to have a seamstress shorten everything so I don't drown and trip in the dress.

I looked amazing, the dress looked amazing

I looked amazing, the dress looked amazing. A massive smile spread on my face. It was dumb but I was overcome with emotions.

Since Kane entered my life I started looking forward to things. Started looking forward to the next day, the following week. Before him, I never really cared for anything, not caring if I didn't wake up the next day. But now, I have something to live for. Kane showed me how to live.

I couldn't wait for him to see me in this dress. And I couldn't wait to steal a few dances with him, even if he will technically be on the job.

I never really liked how I looked, especially always comparing myself to my model-like sister. But I felt so beautiful in this dress. It highlighted all my best features. I was practically jumping up and down in excitement for the ball tomorrow.