Chapter 8: Amusement

HIS POV
I woke up tired. As usual. I didn't sleep well last night. The Spade Family is kind enough to give all the security details their own rooms in" the helps" wing. Though, the rooms are about the size of a dorm room. But it works. Some men who have a more flexible work schedule here decide to make the 45-minute trip back into town to sleep every night. I don't have that luxury.

Today is Sunday, so I have the day off. Most of the guys that have the day off choose to leave, and I might have. If it wasn't for the little nymph just upstairs. I might have been hoping to run into her today. Although now that I think of it, I hardly ever see her outside her room. Shit. Still worth a shot. But first I need a smoke.

It's hard to be addicted to nicotine with this job, never getting a smoke break. But I need something to take the edge off and drugs and alcohol are too strong, something could happen, and I wouldn't be in the right mindset to help.

I exit the mansion and make my way around the side, finding a nice spot to smoke. I just lit my cigarette when I heard a shuffling coming from above me. I looked up to see something hanging from the second story window. What the fuck. I look closer and to my surprise It's my little angel. Is she sneaking out? A smile crept on my face. And then she fell.

Landing on her ass, she groaned in pain
"Fuck that used to be easier" she stated looking back up at the window.
I cleared my throat, her head snapping at the sound, fright in her eyes. But that disappeared when she saw me. I wanted to awe over how cute she looked with an embarrassed blush across her cheeks. I sound like a love sick puppy. I shake my head at the thought.
"So uh- You're not gonna snitch, are ya?" her angelic voice reached my ears. Looking at her, still on the ground, head cocked. A blush still present on her face,, but she had a more playful look about her. I slightly smiled and shook my head no. She nodded and stood up. Jesus fuck. What is she wearing? I nearly groaned at the sight. Her ass barely fits into her little leggings. Her breast peeking out over the top of her sports bra. That little sweater she's wearing isn't covering much. Fuck. I turned away, adjusting myself, hoping she wouldn't notice the bugle growing. God, this woman gets me hard just at the sight of her god given body.

She turned to leave, dusting the rest of the dirt off her legs and ass. But a few steps away she turned back around, staring at me. My cigarette is long forgotten. She's the real drug here. Just her presence soothes me. She looks like she is debating something, eyes shifting over my face. I furrow my brows in confusion.

"Uhm" she starts, blushing again. This is amusing. I push off the wall and take a few steps towards her, she holds her stance.
" I never got your name?" she questions me. Oh, right. I try my best to refrain from talking to anyone, clients, co-workers, you name it. I don't like people. So I like to pretend I'm mute or something. I think it took too long because a small pout plays on her lips, and she begins to turn and walk away.
"Kane" I replied. I wouldn't be surprised if she hadn't heard it. But telling by the halt of her movement and the stiffness of her muscles, I would say she did. She faced me once more, giving me one of her lifeless smiles, and walked away.

Well, I decided what I'm going to do today. Follow Ms. Aurora. After all, what kind of body guard would I be if I didn't follow the obviously mischievous little girl. I wait for her to be a little ways away before I begin my journey after her.

After about a 10-15 minute walk, the sound of running water becomes louder. I breach the tree line to come across a creek, my little angel crouched in front of it, putting her hands in the water. It didn't look very deep,, but I was scared she'd drown nonetheless. But I kept my distance, retreating back into the woods to stand idly by while she enjoys her short escape.