Chapter 12: Weak Knees

I stare in horror at my bruised stomach/side. It looks worse than I thought.

I gently poke it before pulling my hand away and hissing in pain. More tears flowed down my cheeks. I can't help the self-pity I feel. I just want the pain to stop.

I hear the door shut. Scared, I spin around, dropping my shirt and stare at a shirtless Kane leaning against the door. If the spinning action hadn't caused more pain and tears to spill, I would have ogled over his clad chest more.

He stalks towards me. I feel small next to him. My head just reaches his chest. If I put my head against his chest, I could perfectly hear his heart. Breaking my thoughts-

"Bambi, are you hurt?" he questions me. Hearing his voice again eases my tensed muscles a tad. Smooth and deep. He gazes at my, expectedly.
"Uh- n-"
"Don't lie to me"
"Yes" I whisper as I look down at the floor, not being able to bear his intense gaze, I might lose my balance.

"Can I have a look?" He surprises me with his question. I met his eyes again. Searching his face, his eyes, everything for why he'd want to help. A trick? Maybe.

But he is a guard.

It's his duty to protect me.

But Josh didn't.

True.

However, Kane has been nothing but nice and respectful towards me. Once i come to my conclusion I nod to him.

"Where are you hurt" he asks, I look at my stomach, not trusting my voice. "Can I put you on the counter to get a better look? You're so short I'd have to bend down to see." he says. I nod again, unsure of how he's going to do this without hurting me further.

He wraps his large hands around my sides, making me wince and whimper in pain. Trying to keep it in. I hate looking so weak and helpless. He then picks me up bridal style and sets me on the counter. The cold granite felt pleasant against my exposed ass, cooling my body temperature. I've been sweating from the pain.

It hurt still. So bad. Tears ran down my cheeks against my will. "Can I?" Kane asks. Fingers pushing the hem of my shirt. I nod yes. This is embarrassing, here I am in only a tee shirt and undies, hurt like a weak animal.

He must catch sight of my side because he flinches, backing away from me. His eyes growing wide and face draining of color. Is he upset? Will he tell my parents? He then looks at me, his rough hands cupping my face. I like this, I shamelessly leaned into his grasp.

"Who did this?" he rasps out. He sounds like he's about to blow up.
I lean away from him. "Kane it-"
"No. Tell me who now! Is it that same kid who hurt your wrists?"

I open and close my mouth like a fish. Snapping it shut, I decide to just nod instead. I look at him, observing his reaction. Is he mad at me? Or him? Will he blame me like my parents? For some reason, It hurts thinking of him not believing me. He sighs. Putting his hands on either side of my body on the counter. Dropping his head down. He appears to be thinking. He then straightens up. "Don't move, I'll be right back".

With that, he leaves the bathroom. Closing the door behind him. To his word, a few minutes later he enters back in with a small black cloth bag in hand. He pulls out some cream, pills, and some sort of wrap?

"Take these" he hands me some pills. I look up at him. "It's for the pain" he states. I take them using a dixie cup full of water to wash them down. He then takes the cream and applies some to his fingers. "Lift your shirt please, I'm going to apply this to the bruise. It's going to numb the area for some time. It helps with the pain too." I do as he says and expose my stomach to him once again.

I hiss in pain when his fingers come into contact with my bruise. Fuck that hurts. More tears spill down my face. Kane looks up to me, giving me a sympathetic look.

He continues to massage the cream into my side. After another minute, the pain fades and all I feel is his fingers massage my side. It's so nice to not feel so much pain. I moan, partly in relief and partly because his fingers are working magic.

He shoots me a hard look, His eyes suddenly darker. He straightens up and towers over me again. I look up at his intimidating stature. He looks down at me with an unreadable expression.

It's then I notice he's standing right in between my spread legs. Only my thin panties and his sweats separating us. Heat flows through my body, settling at my core. Kane follows my line of sight and looks back at me, making me look up at him, face flushed. He chuckles, still staring at me. And then, I feel him harden against my thigh, I let out a soft sign. God, how embarrassing I'm acting like a virgin. This is not the time or the place.

I break eye contact first, flushing even more in embarrassment. "Glad to see you're feeling better," he teases. "Bastard" I mumble under my breath.
"Okay Aurora, I have to wrap this around you, It'll suppress movement in your torso, preventing you from hurting yourself more." I nod in agreement.

At this point, he could say anything, and I'd blindly agree. The wrap is tight, causing pressure on my sides. But it feels as though it's securing me. "All done" he states. So I go to get off the counter, but he picks me up before I can move further.

He carries me bridal style silently through the house. I wrapped my arms around him for stability. My head resting on his chest.

I'm so tired.

He gently places me on my bed, putting the covers over me.

"Thank you for helping me tonight, Kane" I look up at him and yawn. Closing my eyes. Just before I fall asleep, I swear I hear Kane say
"Anything for you, my angel."