"It's just that... you're really so straightforward. Not that it's a bad thing or anything. It's quite refreshing actually," Mi-jo said as they started walking. "I don't mind you tagging along because I need a bit of guidance navigating the streets of Italy because it's actually my first full day here."

"I see. So what brings you here to Italy?" Robin asked. "I'm here for a much needed vacation. My family and friends have been bugging me about it. Might as well go, right? What about you?" Mi-jo said.

"I'm here for my new comic book series actually. I need some sort of inspiration for the storyline and graphics, too. It's not that well fleshed out as of yet," Robin said.

Gu Robin has been staying in Italy for almost a month already. Why was he there? He's there for research, partly for soul searching, but mostly for inspiration. He needed a big idea for his upcoming new comic book series set to be published within the year. But as much as it's for work purposes, he also considered it as his vacation. He's free-spirited and spontaneous like that.

The two talked about their families, friends, jobs, and other hobbies they might have. They laughed together, and they listened to each other's stories.

"First off, I'm adopted by a very wonderful family. My eonnie helps me handle the dermatology clinic. So yes, I'm a director of a dermatology clinic I founded a few years after graduating from medical school. I love eating, shopping, and golfing," Mi-jo shared. "Your turn."

"I also have a sibling. A twin brother at that. We're complete opposites, but we complement each other. He pursued our family business, while I pursued my passion for the arts – specifically for comic book drawing. I also love eating, camping, and sleeping," Robin shared after. "Now that's out of the way, where are we headed?"

Mi-jo just shrugged, and offered Robin her beautiful eye smile. They continued to walk along the piazza, talking about more stories of their lives back in Seoul.

~

Finally, after walking under the sun, they spotted a crowd. They arrived at their first destination for the day.

Fontana di Trevi or the Trevi Fountain. It's a tourist spot in Rome, which people visit from all over the world. It showcases the ancient Romans' craftsmanship with its Baroque design. It was featured in numerous movies, artworks, and books.

But most of all, Fontana di Trevi, was known for the coin tradition. The person would hold a coin, turn away from the fountain, and then toss the coin over the shoulder into the fountain. There were different meanings: one coin meant a guaranteed return to Rome, two coins meant one will return to Rome and fall in love, and three coins meant one will return to Rome, fall in love, and get married. But regardless of how many coins that went into the fountain, it's a fun tourist experience. Everyone should make a wish every now and then.

Mi-jo and Robin threw three coins each! Well, that meant something, don't you think?

"Omo! Daebaaak! I got in three coins!" Mi-jo jumped a little from all her excitement. Robin looked at her fondly. "I also got in three coins!"

An Italian couple offered to take pictures of Mi-jo and Robin by the fountain. "You two look good together. Such a good-looking couple," the woman said, in a thick Italian accent.

Mi-jo blushed, but neither her nor Robin corrected or denied the couple. They just got their picture taken. As much as it was an excuse that it was a long story to explain and that there's a language barrier, the idea of being an actual couple wasn't ridiculous or out of reach. The thought alone made them smile.

"Sooo... apparently we look good together," Robin said teasingly. Mi-jo just punched his arm lightly. "Shut up."

What did the future hold for them? Guess, they just have to find out for themselves.

Love was right around the corner. It could be right under their noses. Mi-jo and Robin looked at each other and gave each other genuine smiles. They liked spending time with each other. It really was a vacation to be enjoyed, with an unexpected outcome at that, too!

Mi-jo's about to experience THE vacation of her life.

~

Mi-jo sent more vacation pictures to Chan-young and Joo-hee. Aside from the picture of her scrumptious breakfast earlier, she also sent pictures of the peonies she got, and the picture of her and Robin taken by the fountain.

The moment Mi-jo's friends read the message, their chat was flooded by random letters, punctuation marks, special characters, emojis, and strikers. You name it, they were sent to the group chat.

Joo-hee: HE'S SO CUTE! HE'S HANDSOME. You should flirt with him.

Chan-young: I agree with Joo-hee this time. YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY FLIRT. Who knows, he might make a good boyfriend.

Joo-hee: ... or husband!

Chan-young: Just be careful (in all senses). He's still a stranger...

Joo-hee: One kiss won't hurt!

Mi-jo rolled her eyes at her friends' silliness. Robin noticed her messaging when he glanced at what she was preoccupied with. "What's up?" He asked. "I just sent our picture to my two friends," she said, as she continued scrolling through her phone's gallery filled with vacation pictures.

"What? In case you go missing here in Italy?" Robin teased Mi-jo. "Yeah! Even if you make a nice tour guide, I'm not so sure I trust you completely as of yet," she bantered. "Tell them I'll bring you back in one piece. Promise!"

Mi-jo laughed at Robin's childishness. "Where to next, Gu Robin-ssi? Lead the way."

"As you wish, Cha Mi Jo-ssi," Robin said, as he held out his arm for Mi-jo to hold on to as they continued on with their travels for the day. 

Another Day, Another Shotजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें