Four Souls, One Family

PROMPT: Hurt

"The reason it hurts so much... is because our souls are connected."

Nicholas Sparks

FOUR SOULS, ONE FAMILY

They said that soulmates were really just one body but were separated into two until the time comes where they find each other once again for them to be whole and complete in the end.

That was the case for Ri Jeong-hyeok and Yoon Se-ri. They were two lost souls meant to find each other out of the 7.9 billion people wandering the ends of the earth. One is incomplete without the other. There would have always been an open void waiting to be filled with the other's loving presence.

And so when these two souls finally found each other after many twists and turns, ups and downs, lines and borders; they were finally set to take on their journey hand-in-hand toward their ultimate destiny ― their happily ever after with their twin girls.

Moreover, just like soulmates, there's also twin souls and that's the case for Ri Choon-hee and Ri Hwa-young. Without their twin, one feels like there's always something missing ― a missing playmate, a missing friend, a missing sister, a missing soul only the other half could fill.

They were literally two peas in a pod. Wherever one goes, the other follows. They're inseparable. And their parents couldn't have wished for more. Jeong-hyeok and Se-ri wanted their daughters to get along with each other because at the end of the day, family will always have your back no matter what happens. They wanted their twins to have a deep, well-nurtured, and loving relationship so that if anything happens, they have each other.

"Always hold each other's hands, arasso?" Jeong-hyeok and Se-ri would always tell Choon-hee and Hwa-young after reading them their favourite bedtime stories before they go to sleep every night.

With their beds side-by-side, Choon-hee would always reach out her hand to Hwa-young on the other side. "Good night, Hwa-youngie," she would smile at her twin. "Sweet dreams, Choon Hee-ah," the other twin replied, the same smile on her face. Jeong-hyeok and Se-ri would each give their twins kisses on their foreheads before they leave their room and turn off the lights.

Four souls destined to be in one family. Four inseparable souls that will always and should always be connected no matter what.

~

Walking home along the pathway leading to the entrance of their home, Hwa-young was lagging a bit behind Choon-hee because she was a relatively slow walker compared to the latter. She always took smaller steps and looked around so much. She was observant and loved being outside exploring nature, unlike Choon-hee who's more keen on going home. She's the home buddy out of the two.

Choon-hee was more similar to Jeong-hyeok while Hwa-young was more similar to Se-ri. They really made some beautiful babies.

A few more steps and Choon-hee would have been in front of their main entrance door. But her steps halted because she felt something in her heart ― a fleeting tiny little pinch. That was when she knew something was wrong with her other half.

Acting on her instincts, Choon-hee looked behind her only to see Hwa-young sat down on the rough pathway. There was a frown on her face, her lips were trembling, and her eyes were glassy ― a sign that tears were threatening to fall down her chubby rosy dimpled cheeks.

"Hwa-youngie!" Choon-hee shouted and ran back toward where her twin was sitting.

Once Choon-hee reached Hwa-young, she immediately crouched down to Hwa-young's level. "What's wrong? Are you hurt? Did you trip and scrape your knees?" she asked. The other twin just nodded her head. "Aigoo! Let's go home so we can ask eomma or appa to clean that up so it won't get worse."