Heartbreak's Remedy

PROMPT: Remedy

Yoon Se-ri's blind date stood her up.

HEARTBREAK'S REMEDY

A beautiful woman was staring outside the floor-to-ceiling glass window of the fancy romantic restaurant she was in, as cars zoomed past the road and couples walked by hand-in-hand.

Yoon Se-ri was a beautiful woman with striking features that will make you want to stare at her forever. From her long luscious locks, her soulful eyes, her flawless skin, to her soft lips tinted with a hint of sweet pink -- everything about her. She was wearing a beige off-shoulder dress that showed her sculpted clavicles, shoulders, and neck. She was beautiful.

Se-ri took a sip of her wine. Was it just her first glass for the night? She's about to lose count because she's been in the restaurant for a while and she was planning on staying a bit longer. What's another glass of wine, right?

Pathetic? Maybe.

But Se-ri really wasn't. She was a successful businesswoman who founded her own company at such a young age to prove to the world that she's not to be messed with. But maybe she's a loser when it comes to matters of the heart. You really can't have it all, can you?

The waiter came back again to ask Se-ri if she would like to order her course already or perhaps get another refill for her wine glass.

Se-ri just smiled -- her signature eye smile. But it lacked its usual twinkle. She blushed, but not because of what she supposedly came there for. She's blushing from the drinks she's continuously downing glass by glass. Alcohol was the remedy for temporarily busted self-confidence and weird heartbreak over non-existent love life, right?

Se-ri gave herself that night to wallow in self-pity. But the moment she stepped out of that door, she'd return to the fierce, successful, and independent woman that she was.

Seo Dan, Se-ri's best friend, kept on texting her. "How was the blind date?" it read.

Se-ri was pissed. She scoffed and rolled her eyes. "A shitty night because of a shitty man," she muttered to herself.

"He can go piss off." Se-ri replied to her best friend and turned off her phone to get away from her impending barrage of calls.

Se-ri knew Dan would constantly pester her and apologise. But she wasn't fully to blame for the unfortunate incident. She was just being a really nice friend who wanted to try and help her best friend find happiness. Whatever happiness actually entailed.

Se-ri eventually got hungry from waiting. She raised her delicate hand to ask the waiter for the menu. She could at least get out of there with a filled stomach. Why waste a night starving if the place was a great restaurant known for its delicious food, right?

Se-ri was busy looking at the menu handed to her. The moment she closed it, a man was already sitting across her table.

And it wasn't her shitty blind date.

This was worse, or was it really?

"Mr. Ri, to what do I owe this pleasure?" Se-ri asked the man sarcastically.

Ri Jeong-hyeok gave Se-ri his signature smirk, and showed off his dimples that got ladies falling head over heels for him.

Jeong-hyeok was handsome, there was no denying that. From his silky smooth hair you want to run your hands through to his dimples you can't help but drown in -- everything about him. He was wearing a white polo with the top two buttons undone, showing a bit of his firm chest. The sleeves were rolled up to his elbows, showing off his muscular arms and their veins. He finished off the look with his shiny expensive watch. He was handsome.