Food for the Picky Princess

CHEF RI JEONG-HYEOK FOR @/binjinfreak!!!

PROMPT: Reality

Yoon Se-ri's dreams are finally turning into a reality - a new restaurant chain? Or a new chef partner?

FOOD FOR THE PICKY PRINCESS

Yoon Se-ri was a workaholic. She stays up late in the office, especially since her business skyrocketed. She didn't want the momentum to get disrupted. She takes in every business opportunity that lands on the palms of her hands -- or papers that land on her desk for that matter.

Yoon Se-ri owned a magazine, Seri's Choice, which was focused on delicious food. She features different cuisines from her travels, different local restaurant recommendations for other people to try, interviews with young talented chefs, and meals people could easily recreate at home.

But Seo Dan had enough of her best friend so she barged into Se-ri's office one Friday night. "That's it! We're going out. Because the boring you need to have some fun once in a while," she continued as she sat down on the couch and elegantly crossed her legs. "Don't you get tired of signing mountains of paperwork?"

"Not if it means I get to buy a new pair of Christian Louboutins and a straight off the runway haute couture Valentino dress," Se-ri answered back confidently.

"Okay, fine. That's a pretty valid point but please! Please, please, please! Let's go out just this one night," Dan insisted on convincing Se-ri to go out. She loved her best friend so she agreed to finally go out to eat dinner. "Fine!"

Se-ri trusted her employees but there are some cases that she wanted to be the one to personally take care of matters. She had always been hands on when it came to her baby. She was the one who built her business and she'd be damned if she let a simple mistake ruined everything she worked hard for.

"You're lucky you're my best friend," Se-ri stared blankly at Dan. "No. You're the one lucky enough to have me as your best friend. If it was someone else, they already left you to be buried six feet under papers," she snapped back.

"But you're buying drinks, arasso?" Se-ri said while checking her makeup on a little mirror propped up at the side of her desk. "Bitch, who's the millionaire businesswoman here again?" Dan retorted. "But fine. If that means you get out of this god forsaken office."

Se-ri turned off her computer, fixed the papers, and made sure they were organised into a neat pile in separate folders. She didn't want to take any chances of messing anything up with her clients. She then grabbed her Louis Vuitton twist handbag after Dan stood up at the same time as her.

"After you, bitch," Se-ri held the door open for Dan to exit her main office.

"Have a good night, Mr. Hong," Se-ri waved goodbye to her favourite and trusted team manager. "Have a good night, daepyonim. Seo Dan-ssi," the manager Hong Chang-sik replied, bowing his head as he bid them farewell.

The elevator doors opened and the two ladies went inside. As the elevator was descending down to the company building's exclusive parking lot, Se-ri asked Dan. "Where are we going anyway?"

"Don't worry about it. I'm taking you to a friend's restaurant." Dan said. "I didn't know you had other friends, Dan-ah," Se-ri teased her best friend. "I thought I was the only friend who puts up with your ice queen tendencies."

They reached Dan's red Range Rover that was parked in her exclusive parking space. She was Se-ri's best friend which meant that she had her own parking space she could freely use anytime.

Se-ri knocked on the hood twice and Dan looked at her confused and amazed at the same time. "What? Yes, I can be a bitch but I still love cute little animals," she answered the questioning gaze her best friend gave her. "You never know, one of them could be seeking shelter under the car because it's warm there compared to the freezing streets out there."