Se-ri's Secret

PROMPT: Secrets

Yoon Se-ri's talk "Seri's Secret" to inspire future young entrepreneurs.

SE-RI'S SECRET

Ri Jeong-hyeok and the twins, Ri Choon-hee and Ri Hwa-young, were all dressed up standing in front of the Seri's Choice building. He was wearing a navy blue suit, a white polo with the top two buttons undone, and his hair pushed back. The twins were wearing matching pink floral dresses with bows tied at the back. Their hair was tied into sleek ponytails using pink bows and they were wearing pink glitter flats.

Jeong-hyeok entered the lobby of Seri's Choice all the while holding each of the twins' hands who were walking on each of his sides. The twins could be so energetic sometimes that they tend to run away when they get excited entering new places. So he made sure that they stayed beside him and wouldn't get lost.

The moment they entered the building, they were followed by looks from the employees. It's bright as day, the Ri family is a beautiful family. It's inevitable for people to look twice and appreciate their beauty.

"Appa, why are they looking at us," Choon-hee asked Jeong-hyeok, a bit of worry heard in her voice. Hwa-young just held his hand tighter. "They're in awe of your beautiful dresses," he tried to reassure his daughters.

Jeong-hyeok looked around and saw the people looking at them. It reminded him of the first time he entered the same building walking beside Yoon Se-ri and she told the people that he was her new temporary bodyguard. Acting on instinct, he held his daughters closer to him.

Bodyguard? No. Just an overprotective loving father.

They were met by Hong Chang-sik, who'd accompany them to the auditorium where Se-ri's event interview would be held. The event was about her journey with her own company in hopes of inspiring the audience of future young entrepreneur students. They were hoping to learn from her and most importantly, what was the secret behind her company's success.

When they arrived at the entrance of the auditorium, there was a huge event poster outside, "Seri's Secret". Flowers adorned the hallway, majority of them from Se-ri's business partners and other big clients working with her company.

"Ri Jeong Hyeok-ssi, daepyonim asked me to lead you to the front row where your reserved seats are. Daepyonim's family is also sitting there with you and the girls," Mr. Hong explained to Jeong-hyeok. "Thank you, Mr. Hong."

They walked down the aisles passing by various rows of seats that were about to be filled up with people who would be joining the event. They reached the front row and Jeong-hyeok politely greeted Se-ri's parents.

Jeong-hyeok bowed to them in greeting, "Annyeong abeonim and eommonim. Have you been well?" Yoon Jeung-pyeong shook his hand and patted him on the back. Han Jeong-yeon embraced him. "We're doing well, adeul. Here, take a seat."

The twins were wide-eyed, fascinated with the vast space they were in. They were so excited to be in such a big auditorium. People started to flock in.

Given that this was a huge event with a lot of people attending, the security was amped up. They didn't want any slip ups. Se-ri was a high profile public personality in Seoul which makes her a common target. They didn't want her or her family to be in danger. Therefore, Se-ri asked the security team to consult with Jeong-hyeok regarding any security concerns. The team didn't know much about his military background back in the North and that was for the best. They just accepted her orders because he was her husband.

"Abeonim, eommonim, I'll just go to the backstage dressing room to check on Se-ri. I hope it's okay to leave the girls with you first," Jeong-hyeok asked his parents-in-law. "Of course, Jeong Hyeok-ah. Knowing Se Ri-ah, she must be freaking out a little bit," Jeong-yeon said.