For the Record

GOOD TIMES!!! I wrote this during the Olympic season 🏊🏼‍♀️🏊🏼‍♂️ and I forgot what the BinJin update was 😅 but yeah, this one's for Paula and Dev 💙

PROMPTSon Eon- jin and Kim Tae-pyung are swimming teammates, trying to have their shot at the Olympics.

FOR THE RECORD

These swimmers were more than just teammates. With the amount of time they spend with each other, they have formed friendships that they know will last them a lifetime of fun and companionship.

Kim Tae-pyung and Son Eon-jin have been swimming together for as long as they can remember. They trained with the same club back when they were younger.

Swimming was their sport. It was part of what defines them as people - the skills and the talent needed to succeed in a world-class sport. As young athletes like the rest, their ultimate goal was to compete in the Olympics someday and show the world that they were great at what they do.

~

Finally, the day has come - the National Championships - which also served as the Olympic Trials. It was one of the most grueling competitions that will define the rest of their careers as swimmers.

They were just a few steps closer to their ultimate goal - not only to compete in the Games as the country's representative, but to win it and take home the gold (and a few records as well.)

~

Tae-pyung was one of the best freestylers of the Korean team. He has proven time and time again that he was an athlete who was hard working, motivated, and passionate.

Tae-pyung already holds a few national titles and records but he was continuously swimming hard to get that elusive Olympic Record. Whether or not it's from his individual events or alongside his teammates in group relays, he has his eyes on the prize.

After hours of training and tons of body pains later, Tae-pyung was able to secure a spot in the new Mixed 4x100m Group Medley Relay where Son Eon-jin was also a part of.

Tae-pyung would be the captain and the anchor to guide the team toward their ultimate finish.

~

Eon-jin was the rising star of backstroke of the Korean team. She was a fresh talent yet truly promising.

Eon-jin has worked hard just like the rest but she was meant to be on the team and head toward the Games. She was now part of the team she was just dreaming to be a part of before.

Just like Tae-pyung and the others, Eon-jin also has her eyes on the prize - a gold medal and possibly a record to go along with it.

After going through numerous chlorine smelling hair and chipped nail polishes, Eon-jin was able to secure a spot in the new Mixed 4x100m Group Medley Relay, the same medley relay team Tae-pyung was a part of.

Eon-jin was extremely excited to be a part of this incredible line-up. She cannot wait to prove just how much she deserved to be on the team and just how much she can give.

Eon-jin will prove it to herself and she will prove it to the rest of the world.

~

Being a part of this team was such a great honour to any Korean swimmer.

The support system was incredible. From their fellow swimmers, their coaches, their friends, and to their families, everyone was pushing each other to get better.

To swim better.

Moreover, the whole nation was rooting for the national team. These things were good stressors and pressures which will push them to the best of their abilities and achieve their desired results in the end.