Rainy Day in Spring

PROMPT:

Rainy day in spring

Through a field of sunflowers

Looking for the sun

RAINY DAY IN SPRING

Bin was aimlessly walking down the streets to pass time and to breathe some fresh air after being cooped inside his office for hours. This walk was a much needed break from all the hustle and bustle of his fast paced life.

Bin was used to it but it didn't hurt to take a step back and free his body and mind from time to time. He would go insane if he didn't.

A few minutes during Bin's walk, raindrops started touching his silky soft black hair and eventually dripped down his handsome face. He looked up at the grey sky and shook his head in defeat.

Drizzle turned into heavy pouring so quickly that Bin didn't know what to do given that he didn't bring an umbrella because he didn't think that it would rain that day. "Aish! I should've checked the weather forecast before going out," he muttered annoyingly at himself.

Before Bin got even more soaked than he already was, he started looking for a nearby place to take shelter from the pouring rain.

Fortunately, Bin stopped in front of a quaint yet cozy and inviting flower shop.

There stood a beautiful woman who was busy trying to bring in loads of sunflower pots inside the said flower shop which he assumed was where she was working or which she actually owned. She really did look like someone who would own a flower shop after all.

Without even thinking twice, Bin helped the beautiful woman. Without any greeting, he went straight up to her and took some flower pots from the floor. "Where do I put them," he asked.

The woman was surprised to say the least. She was surprised that a random stranger would offer her help in the middle of the rain. We all knew that kindness was slowly becoming uncommon and was slowly being replaced by indifference.

Moreover, she was even more surprised after she tilted her head up to look at the face of the kind stranger who was offering her some help.

Standing in front of her was an absolutely gorgeous man who, with no doubt, could make heads turn everywhere he goes.

After a few seconds, she snapped out of her trance. She blinked a few times and replied to the man. "Oh, you can follow me inside. I'll show you where to put them."

Off they went to and fro the inside of the flower shop, bringing in the flower pots and placing them orderly beside the counter.

Inside the quaint flower shop were tons of different flowers in different bright colours. Roses, lilies, carnations, lavenders, sunflowers, and a lot more he didn't know the names of. Name any and they were there.

Some flowers were already in beautiful arrangements whether in bouquets or in baskets, while some flower stems were atop the work table on the side, waiting to be trimmed and arranged afterwards.

About 20 minutes passed, they were finally able to put the last of the flower pots inside but it was still heavily pouring outside.

"Excuse me, sir. I will just brew some coffee so you can dry up," the woman said. Her eyes turned into crescent moons as a bright smile adorned her face. "That would be nice," Bin replied back.

Bin removed his damp blazer and hung it at the back of a chair. He put his other things on the table since there weren't any people around anyway. He assumed that his things would be safe.