Sunshine Over Her Garden

PROMPT: Garden Work

Ye-jin was enjoying the flowers in her rooftop garden while Bin was helping her alongside Mina energetically running around.

SUNSHINE OVER HER GARDEN

The sun was shining brightly which meant that the plants and flowers were happily blossoming after receiving their much needed sunlight. Because of this, Ye-jin was happy as well given her utmost love for flowers.

Ye-jin was planting some more new seedlings and flower stems in her very own huge rooftop garden located in their newly bought penthouse. She was chirply humming a soft tune while trimming some of her fully bloomed flowers so she could put them inside to decorate the various nooks and corners of their penthouse.

Once you enter the couple's humble abode, you would instantly know that it was not just a bachelor pad with only a man living in it. Instead of dark colours and minimalist decor, you'd see colourful art decorations, mix and match of patterns and textures, and most of all, tons of vases of flowers in almost every corner, in almost every room.

It was indeed Bin and Ye-jin's home.

After a few moments, Bin went outside to the garden to help Ye-jin because it was his day off. What better way to spend it than to help her do one of the things she loved the most aside from acting and taking care of him. He wanted to share that happiness and love with her even with something as mundane as looking at different vibrant blossoming flowers he didn't even know the names of.

"What can I do for my lady on this beautiful fine day," Bin asked Ye-jin, as he put on a pair of garden gloves and a garden apron. "Oh, Tae Pyung-ah! Good thing you're here! Can you help me with lifting some of these pots so we can transfer them over there," she gave him her eye-smile and pouty lips, sure to make him adhere to her request.

As expected, Bin was wrapped around Ye-jin's fingers. And so their garden day started.

Bin proved to be of huge help to Ye-jin's garden work especially when it came to heavy lifting of big plants and soil filled clay pots. Aside from these physical tasks, he also learned a lot of things from her.

Bin learned which angles properly work for trimming stems to ensure they will grow. He also learned how much water should each plant have and how many times should they be watered every day or every other day and so on. He learned which plants were flowering plants and which were simply just producing leaves.

Bin was carefully listening to each and every word coming out of Ye-jin's mouth, her mellifluous voice being carried by the wind, filling his ears.

Bin learned a lot of things and he was so happy and grateful that Ye-jin was patient enough and willing to share her passion with him.

While the couple was deeply engaged with their chosen activity of the day, Mina was also busy playing around the garden, clearly enjoying being under the sun as well.

Mina absolutely loved the wide space. She owned it. She was their only little princess after all.

Mina eventually trailed her dog parents, a sign that she wanted to be carried and cuddled. She was probably tired of running around and scattering her toys along the way.

Ye-jin scooped Mina up into her arms and rocked her like a true baby. "Mina, what should we say to this flower so it will grow nicely and beautifully?" she asked their cheeky dog.

Bin was confused about Ye-jin's question and it was written all over his face. Ye-jin looked at her boyfriend and laughed at his confused expression.

"Yaaa, Tae-pyung! Don't you remember Yoon Se-ri asked Ri Jeong-hyeok to say 10 nice words to their tomato plant," Ye-jin teased Bin. "Aigoo, my ahjussi. Are you getting forgetful already?" Mina barked and licked her face, as if agreeing to what she said.

"I'll show you I'm not an ahjussi." Bin proceeded to tell one word after the other until he reached the tenth word.

"Surprise!"

Ye-jin was indeed surprised by what Bin did after.

Since they were walking along the garden, Bin was holding the water hose and watering the plants as they passed by, strictly following Ye-jin's instructions. He listened well because he didn't want to ruin anything for her.

Given that Bin was still holding the hose, he had the upper hand for the water fight he started.

Ye-jin quickly bolted away from Bin and away from the spray of water coming out of the hose. She was running around while still holding Mina with Bin running after them, hot on their tails.

Laughter and squeals could be heard echoing on the rooftop as the little family continued to play around.

Bin eventually let go of the hose so nothing was really holding him back anymore from sprinting around and catching his two girls.

And caught up he did.

"Gotcha!" Bin enveloped Ye-jin and Mina in his arms, hugging her from behind. Both of them were wet from their water fight a few minutes ago.

Ye-jin's hair was flying away as the wind blew on their faces and Bin's shirt was clinging onto his skin. His warmth was seeping through and she could feel it against her back.

The couple stayed where they were and just basked in the embrace of each other. Ye-jin leaned her head back against Bin's shoulders and he nuzzled his nose against her hair, the smell of lavender invading his nose. They continued swaying side to side with smiles adorning their faces.

After a few minutes Ye-jin finally detached herself from Bin's warm embrace, immediately missing their connection. She put down Mina on the grass so she could continue playing in the garden.

"Let's get cleaned up. I don't want either of us to get sick because I really want to enjoy this summer," Ye-jin started, slowly walking toward the door.

Once Ye-jin was by the entrance, she turned her head back and looked at Bin still standing in the garden.

"Aren't you joining me in the shower," Ye-jin said, giving Bin her flirtatious smile, teasing him. She held her hand out for him to reach.

"Coming right up!" Bin replied, smirking, rushing toward their next activity for the day.