Meeting Part 4 (Final)

Vegas's POV

[Indistinct sounds]

What the hell is this noise? My head is still ringing from the slap I received from my father early this morning.

Well what can I do? I had to step upfront so that he would not hit my younger brother. I cannot allow him to hit the young boy.

Anyways I think we're inside the Major Family's conference room. I remember earlier my father said that we will have a meeting about one of the business partners they had in the past whose having a plan against our family.. probably trying to expose something big about our operations..the ILLEGAL side I mean.

I think they are arguing about something..Ughhh..my head hurts...

But wait..is this Macau shouting?

I tried to adjust properly to my surroundings. Even though sharp pains are hitting the nerves in my head. I finally managed to understand what they are arguing about.

"Uncle! You can't possibly send my Hia there alone! Please can't you send your own bodyguards?!! Please uncle I'm begging you" Macau said while trying to hold himself back from tearing up.

This boy is getting bolder and stronger I see..but still I have to protect him. He's the only reason of my sanity up until now. Losing my mother and nanny already took a huge toll on me so I have to maximize my efforts in protecting this young one.

"Macau! Shut your mouth..we don't need your opinion..this decision is final. Don't plead to your uncle. I already gave my approval with this" my father said firmly. Which made my brother tear up eventually.

He was about to refute again..but I stopped him by holding his hands firmly and squeezing it.

"Don't worry uncle I'll make sure this mission you gave me to be successful" is said to my Uncle Korn with a tone of determination and assurance.

We had a discussion about our plans for my mission. After that we were all dismissed.

While going outside Macau still voiced out his frustration and is still disagreeing to let me go to that mission. I talked to him.

"Macau..you need to understand..I need to this..my responsibility as the heir of the Minor Family is not just to handle business but to also do missions for the Major Family." I said to him.

"But Hia I have never seen you do missions for them! This is the first one!" He said to me complaining.

"This is not the first one Macau..you were just unaware and I just didn't tell you about it". I told while averting his gaze. I felt guilty because we had a promise with each other to have no secrets with each other.

As I thought he's shocked by my revelation. I asked for his forgiveness and tried to give him a hug. But he pushed me away and hurriedly ran outside. HE IS MAD AT ME...[sighs] what can I do?

As I ran after him the Major Family's bodyguards stared at me. They all looked stiff and alarmed. I could care less I have to coax my little brother later at home.

When we arrived at the mansion. Macau went directly to his room shutting the door loudly behind him.

My father beckoned me and we had an additional discussion about the plans made earlier. As we discussed thoroughly, I realized that he has no intention of sabotaging anything my Uncle Korn planned earlier maybe because if he did he will be affected by the outcome. He just gave me alternative plans for other possible unexpected situations that might happen which was not included in the discussion with the Major Family earlier.