Sabini

Camden town

The doors were pulled open in Sabinis men stood waving a white flag Alfie carried a basket of bread handing it over to him. Sabini kissed his cheeks

'Did you know they were going to take the Eden club?' Sabini asked

'I know about the Eden club yes.' Alfie told him.

'Did you know they were going to do it before they did it?' Sabini asked 'Because that's the one who is in charge isn't it? The one who knows before it happens?'

'I know what I know. Do you know if you don't know then you don't fucking know do you?' Alfie questioned him

'Did you know they were going to take a wimbledon dogs?' Sabini questioned 'harringay? The trotting tracks?'

'Um...' alfie looked to ollie. 'Talk all right? I genuinely want to hear you.'

'You have lost control Alfie' Alfie scoffed. 'Talk to me.' Sabini told him again.

'Talk to you? All right I'll talk to you I'll fucking tell you how everything is right what happened was this all the time you were talking about dirty fucking Jews all the fucking time dirty fucking jews dirty kikes dirty dust bin lids. You wanna know why you're not getting into places?' Alfie questioned him.

'Everybody makes fucking jokes I didn't know you had no sense of humor.' Sabini told him.

'I ain't gonna fucking mention, all right, the big fucking elephant in the room.' Alfie told him. 'how many of my bookies work epsom this last may? None. None. not one.' Alfie reminded him.

'So for a few fucking Jews in Epsom you fucking invite a tribe savages into the city and fucking unlock the fucking gates?' Sabini yelled Alfie just stared at him for a moment.

'I'm sorry, what are you saying mate?'

'I'm saying... I'm sorry about the Jew thing'

'Are you saying you're sorry?' Alfie questioned, hands clasped in front of him on the desk.

'Yeah' sabini said through a slightly clenched jaw.

'You're sorry about the Jew thing?'

'Yeah'

'Really?'

'Yeah.'

'I want that in writing, write that down... he said I'm sorry.' he told Ollie 'and also write down that all our bookies can go back to Epsom.'

'He didn't say that-'

'Who's asking you?' Alfie questioned one of Sabini's men.

'Write it down' Sabini confirmed 'it's all right come on Alfie is an old friend'

'My friend' Alfie confirmed holding back a laugh.

'Now that admitted the Peaky Blinders is out of control' sabini went on.

'Yeah they're out of fucking control made out the agreed they come down the canal and spread like fucking clap.' Alfie agreed.

'Right so now that everybody's problem'

'Yeah'

'Alfie you and me we've been fighting since we were at school' sabini reminded him

'Yeah' alfie agreed

'Now also we've been friends.'

'Yeah' Alfie agreed.

'You know how it goes backwards and forwards how much better is it when we're friends?' sabini asked.

'Oh it's much better mate yeah' Alfie agreed

'You write that down.' he told ollie and Alfie nodded, ollie sat obediently writing down and crossing things out as the men spoke, bickering endlessly. But they could agree on one thing and Ollie was grateful for that. The shelbys had to go.

'What we're doing here right as we're writing down some kind of deal thing right?'

'Yeah a written deal' Sabini agreed.

'A written deal. Good well why don't we discuss the border between the Italians' Alfie suggested 'and the Jews going back to Farringdon Rd.,'

'Farringdon Road?'

'Yeah Farringdon Road' alfie told him.

'Fuck that is ancient history.' Sabini told him.

'Write down Farringdon Road'

'No right down Camden Rd.,' Sabini told him

'Farringdon Road write down Farringdon.' Alfie told Ollie

'Camden' sabini corrected 'Write down Camden Road'

'Farringdon.'

'Camden.'

'Just write down peace,' Alfie suggested 'write down peace between Jews and the Italians.'

'And war against the gypsies' Sabini added.

'Hmm' alfie said with a nod. Ollie gulped down the lump in his throat. Livy couldn't get caught up in this mess. If it came out now that the shelbys were her blood, she wound be in even more danger. Sabini wouldn't care about spilling her blood. Alfie wouldn't let anything happen to her but what if something happened and they broke up, what if Alfie decided that livy needed to go to. exterminate all shelbys. Ollie had to keep this quiet. Until all the shelbys were gone and then Ollie could breathe again.