Telegram

Camden town.

Ollie had gotten a telegram from an unknown source saying that he had information on Olivia Olinski's birth parents. Ollie read it over and over again and again. There was a number. But he refused to call. It was a trick, someone just messing with him so he wouldn't be focused and Alfie would get hurt and then livy would get hurt... ollie ignored the telegram for a full week. But it taunted him, buried in his nightstand. But livy could tell he was more anxious then normal.

'Ollie?' livy said as she got ready for her date, fixing her bracelet on her wrist but the clasp wasn't staying.

'Let me help you sweetheart.' Ollie said securing the bracelet.

'are you alright, Ol?' livy questioned softly.

'Of course.' He lied. She didn't believe him. 'I'm... I just miss my sister is all.' He informed her. 'Alfie is taking up all your time it seems. I miss you.' Ollie told her hugging her.

'I can cancel.' Livy suggested. 'we can stay in and-'

'no, no youre growing up and don't need your big brother all the time... you used to be stuck to my side when you were little. Its hard letting go.' Ollie told her.

'I'm not going anywhere. You mister are stuck with me forever.' Livy told him kissing his cheek. But ollies face was still saddened. 'I will call Alfie and cancel-' she began walking out to the phone on the wall but ollie grabbed her hand.

'You are so beautiful, he is very lucky. Don't cancel. Have fun.' He kissed her head but she just stared at him. 'I'm sure. I will catch up on the derby marks...'

'fun night,' she teased a smile on her lips.

'one of us should have some fun.' He informed her. 'go get your shoes on livy, he will be here soon.' Ollie encouraged.

'if youre sure?'

'I'm sure. Go on sweetheart, you have fun and you can tell me all about it when you get home.' Ollie said just as he saw headlights pulling up. A smile big and wide appeared on her face. She was smitten with Alfie, it was clear as day. Ollie couldn't keep her forever. He had to let go eventually but did she really have to fall for a gangster like Alfie? Why not a farmer? An actual baker? A professor? Someone! Anyone! Literally anyone else...

'Bye ollie!' she said excitedly slipping on her shoes. 'I love you!" she kissed his cheek quickly as she ran out the door.

Once ollie was alone that telegram called to him. Begging him to get answers. To see what this mystery person had to say... he didn't want to he should have burned it he moment he got it. Alfie was already taking his sister away he didn't want birth parents coming in and stealing her away again. She would be puled in two direction and neither of them would be towards him. Ollie had taken care of his baby sister for years, he was 10 when they brought her home and although his parents always wanted a girl they were older and not all there as she aged. so the responsibility fell upon Ollie but he adored her. he protected her and helped her, taught her to read and write and made sure she was well fed and warm and loved. She wasn't a child anymore and she deserved to find the family that was in her blood but he didn't want to find out. He didn't want to lose her. what if she thought they were better than Ollie, what if she liked them more and forgot about him? He realistically knew that wouldn't happen. That livy was the sweetest person in the world and she would never abandon him but what if her blood was trouble. What if they were worse than Alfie, what if they just wanted to use her, what if this telegram was a lie? He pulled it from his drawer. Staring down at it. He moved to the fire, his hand dangling the paper above it.

But the number taunted him. When Alfie was out with livy, he loved taking livy out, showing her a good time. Treating her like a queen. She felt safe and she felt loved but ollie knew the other shoe would drop and something would happen. This telegram was a sure sign of it. Someone out of the blue after all this time writing to say they knew Livys birth parents. It was bullshit. It had to be. But after livy left, a smile on her face as Alfie picked her up he looked the telegram over again and again and again. The number taunting him. He called it. When he got connected with the Shelby company limited he hung up the phone immediately. Surely it was a trick, something to get inside his head but then again. Livy was always more free bird, gypsy like dreams, but no. it couldn't be. It couldn't be. She was an Olinski she wasn't a Shelby. She would never be a Shelby. Not if ollie had anything to do with it.

He burned the telegram. Watched it go up in flames