Protect You

Camden Town

Livy fell on top of a very tired Ollie, he wrapped his arms around her.

'Tired Liv.' she mumbled into her hair kissing the top of her head.

'I'm wide awake!' she informed him.

'who the fuck were you talking to this late?' he questioned tiredly.

'Alfie.' she told him a smile on her lips.

'Alfie. Alfie, Alfie?' ollie questioned suddenly wide awake.

'of course you do know any other Alfies? I certainly don't.' livy told him happily.

'What did he want?' ollie questioned trying to sound disinterested. 'what did you talk to him about today? You never told me.'

'nothing, just wanted to talk, he called I answered.' livy informed him. 'hes really sweet Ollie.' livy told him and in all his years of knowing alfie and working for him never had anyone ever called Alfie Solomons sweet.

'Livy, what did I say about-'

'Why did you lie to me?' livy questioned.

'what?'

'why did you lie to me, ollie?'

'About what?' he asked knowing he was caught.

'About Alfie.' livy told him. 'he told me that he wanted to meet me properly, that he wants me to work at his pub. A job with a man you already work with and know, you trust him, why would you push me in the opposite direction?' ollie was speechless. 'when I was waiting for you the other day-'

'you mean today?' ollie questioned

'no I came in at the beginning of the week.' Livy informed him. 'I met Alfie properly, I was waiting outside for you. I didn't want to disturb him.'

'you were waiting for me?' ollie questioned.

'I was but alfie found me outside, I apologized and told him I didn't want to bother him but he invited me in.' ollie hugged his sister close. Damnit alfie.

'livy I-'

'he liked me ollie. I like him too... Why lie to me? Why keep me away? I thought we loved each other?' livy questioned looking down at him as she sat up.

'I do love you.' ollie confirmed. 'you are my whole world and I didn't want you to get hurt. I didn't want you to get mixed up in this life. In alfie solomons, sweetie I'm sorry I lied. I am. But I don't want you seeing alife.' ollie told him.

'why? Hes nice, hes a godly man, he has his own business and a dog. He has a dog Ollie!' livy reminded him.

'Yes all those things are true, but-' he admitted.

'Dad used to say that anything said before BUT doesn't count.' Livy reminded him.

'but,' ollie went on, 'that doesn't mean that a godly man cant wreak havoc and claim God is on his side.' ollie told her.

'Alfie is your friend no?' livy questioned.

'hes my boss.' ollie corrected.

'Ollie, hes offered me a job at his pub. Bar maid. I'm taking it.' she rolled out of his bed but he followed after her

'LIVY!' he called. 'livy stop, please.' he grabbed her wrist spinning her around to face him.

'I thought we didn't lie to each other ollie?'

'we don't. I'm sorry God, I'm so sorry livy I was just trying to protect you. I just wanted to keep you safe.' ollie told her.

'From alfie though?'

'Yes. I'm sorry I shouldn't have lied. I just love you and wanted to keep you safe.' ollie told her. 'don't be mad at me livy, please don't be mad. I thought what I was doing was right, but I was wrong. Please forgive me.' ollie begged.

'Promise never to lie to me again?' livy questioned.

'I promise.'

'then you are forgiven.' livy told him kissing his cheek. 'get some sleep, we both have work tomorrow.' livy said walking away. she was too forgiving for her own good. She saw the best in people and expected them to keep their word and be better people. But she didn't see half the horrors ollie saw, all the horrors he wanted to keep her safe from.