1.

Eren's POV

3 years earlier.

"For third place on best story, we have... ANNIE LEONHART." Everyone cheered while my breath hitched. Please don't be second please don't be second..

I crossed my fingers as me and my friends held eachother.

"Second place... EREN YEAGER." DAMMIT..

I covered my face before being grateful for even being on the leaderboard. I walked to the stage as everyone clapped. I got my trophy and thanked them before running back over to my friends.

Then a good whiff of very rich cologne was in my nose. I turned my head and saw him. Levi Ackerman. He was my competitor for way too long.. Me and him always throw rocks at eachother.

We can never get a long... He stood there leaning on the wall patiently waiting. He was so cocky. He knew he was getting first place. He opened an eye and looked at me. He opened both of his eyes when...

"LEVI ACKERMAN!" He winked at me before walking off, his friends/band members in the background cheering for him.

I frowned and looked at my friends. Dammit..

-

Present.

Being in these competitions doesn't mean every story has to be sad and depressing, It could also be happy and full of joy! But between me and my band mates, we don't have such a happy life. My life is totally shitty.

I was bullied when I was younger, people stopped talking to me, parents divorced, abused by both parents mentally and psychically, both parents went to jail, lived with stepfather, abused by him, switched schools, switched houses, new friends, no friends, bullied, not bullied, starved, not starved. Yeah, there's more but I will leave those out for now...

As of now I was in my own apartment, I was old enough to finally live by myself, and since being in a competitive club, I get lots of money.

All around the world there's lots of people who joined this specific club to share their songs and get somewhere in life. So did I, but I love to share my story... As desperate as that might sound, It's not to get attention, I like that people can relate and understand where I'm coming from...

I was on the phone with my club teacher. No I'm not in school or college, it was almost like a job for me..

"Be ready in a two days Eren. Make sure your band knows this also. Everyone else is informed from this club. Competition is coming up. Remember not only are we staying at good hotels, we also have practice to do. Make sure you have songs prepared and your band ready, because when I tell you the competition go like that," He snapped his fingers, "They do."

I nodded and smiled softly at him. "Thank you Hannes." I said. "Me and my band mates are all ready and practiced."

"Great. Remember Eren, all around the world people come and join in and come back stronger and better. Some lie and make up their stories: You sir, have a talent. And I know you came back better and strong after last year.."

"Ugh please don't remind me." I covered my face.

-

Last year:

"LEVI ACKERMAN FIRST PLACE 6 TIMES IN A ROW!"

I slammed my trophy on the floor. Yes I was throwing a fucking fit. It's not fair. He's so lucky... But his songs.. They are sad.. I wonder if he lies about them...

-

Present.

"Yeah Eren. Don't smash your trophy again! Anyway.. I'll see you in two days. Sorry for the short notice."

"It's fine.. Bye Hannes."

-

I immediately let my band members, Jean, Mikasa, Armin, Connie and Sasha know.

Jean was my drummer Armin and Sasha were my guitars, and Mikasa and Connie were my retro guitar players. And Mikasa was also my vocalist/background voice.

Levi.. He had 3 people on his team. Hanji, Erwin, and Petra. I believe that Levi is just a pain, everyone else in his group is pretty nice as I have spoken to them before.

Actually, Petra and Levi are not good. They both are so cocky and mean.

Petra was his vocalist/background voice/guitarist. Hanji was his retro, Erwin was his drummer.

They are a pretty good group.. And some of the songs he made are pretty sad. Mines are too... But his.. Tch. Oh shit.. Dammit.

I have this weird feeling to say tch, because Levi does it. It's so annoying that I like saying it too... Whatever I'm gonna, not like he made the word up.