18. FORGIVENESS?

TRINA'S POV

"Wait a minute Xany.  Why in the world did they want my head?"  "Turns out that Johnathan already had an inkling that you were his mate since he had smelled you on me on several occasions."  My mate growls "calm down Beta Tristan.  The only reason I had her scent on me was from sparing with her."  I watch my mate nod as Xavy continues.  "I found out from a digital diary he had that he prided himself on deflowering girls."  I felt my eyes bug out "yep, he would sleep with both she-wolves and humans.  He bragged how I didn't know he had broken the pact because he paid a witch to make him a potion to hide his activities."

I could not believe my ears Johnathan was more of a prick than we thought.  "Well, he promised the she-wolves once he mated with you he would kill you and make them Luna.  He bragged how he had convinced your father to make him Alpha and you Luna.  He also told them that if he was ever killed, died of suspicious circumstances, or executed that it was because you were upset you lost being Alpha.  That you had warned him he would never be Alpha.  Once we showed them all the proof they were pissed.  Unfortunately, they are now in your pack house on clean-up duties."

I shake my head "Ok, well I am outy." I show them the peace sign and head out the door.  Only to have Xavy pick me up and carry me back to the bed with my mate growling the whole time.  "You Triny are staying put until the doctor clears you."  I growl at him only to hear Tom "Little Alpha you know Uncle Eralio's rules."  I watch my mate shake his head "Little Alpha?"  I chuckle just as the doctor walked in "oh, hello Future Alpha Katrina I see you are awake.  It seems the stress from what you have been through the last few months added to the knowledge of someone wanting to forcibly mark you caused you to pass out.  You are free to go and try to keep the stress in check."  I nod my head and jump up taking off. 

Tom is not far behind yelling "Little Alpha you are not leaving this damn house until William is caught."  I spin around "no shit sherlock."  "Well, where in the hell are you going?"  "Really you need me to tell you."  Fred laughs "dude she hasn't eaten in several hours."  "Oh, the kitchen."   Willie runs up "Little Alpha I will cook for you."  "Oh, Willie are you making me my fave."  "Yep, I went shopping after we were kicked out of the room.  I knew you would be starving."  Fred smirks "I will make you a small snack while we wait."  I couldn't help but squeal nodding my head.  Tom snorts "you are so fucking spoiled."  He gives me a good old Gibbs slap causing my mate to growl pinning him to the wall.  "DON'T TOUCH MY MATE!!"  I shake my head and touch Tristan's arm "Stand down Beta Tristan.  Tommy Boy is my bestie and Beta I will not let you mistreat him.  He did not hit me hard at all."  "He just smacked you upside the back of your head."  I snorted "It was a Gibbs slap." 

He looked confused "a what?"  I laughed along with my commanding line "a Gibbs slap."  I soon here "really you all watch NCIS."  I turn and see Brenda and Ana in the doorway.  Ana snorts "yep, they even try to watch it together on Tuesday it is hilarious.  Sitting there with Zavy watching NCIS on the tv with the laptop open with everyone on the screen.  During the commercial breaks, they will discuss the show.   If one of us is not able to watch the show everyone is sworn to secrecy until they catch up."  Brenda lifts her fist into the air bringing it down and screaming yes.  She looks around "who else hates the fact Abby left?"  We all raise our hands and I am soon chowing down on a Jif peanut butter and honey sandwich.  Fred looks at Alpha Mortimer "so, you like Jif as well."  "No, we usually have Skippy I don't know where that Jiff came from."

Willie laughs "I had to go through your kitchen to make sure you had the ingredients for chicken parmesan and spaghetti before I went to the store.  I noticed you had Skippy and I know our Future Alpha does not like any other peanut butter except for Jif.  Since our Future Alpha eats PB&J like it is going out of style I bought a huge jar."  Tristan looks at Willie "why a huge jar."  Fred laughs "because everyone from the Lone Star Pack loves to get a huge spoonful of peanut butter and eat it like a lollipop.  I have to admit the first time I was skeptical but now I LOVE IT."

Once I am done with my PB&H sandwich I turn to get myself a drink when Tristan jumps up "I will get it for you, Trina.  What do you need?"  "Some chocolate milk."  He grabs the milk and Fred clears his throat "nope Trina is lactose intolerant."  Willie nods "there should be a half-gallon of chocolate mootopia in there.  That was another reason I went to the store.  I needed to make sure that Trina had her chocolate milk.  She is stubborn and will just make herself chocolate milk out of regular milk.  Then she yells at all of us when she ends up getting sick."

Tristan looks at me "why do you yell at them."  I glare around "because it is usually one of them that drinks my milk when we run out and they don't want to wait.  Not thinking that my milk won't be replaced since I am the only one that drinks the darn thing."  Johnathan finally speaks "what is mootopia?"  Willie smirks "it is the HEB version of lactose-free milk."  "Wait but that is a Texas store.  We are in New Mexico."  Willie snorts "yes, and just two hours away from El Paso.  I made sure to buy ice while at HEB and put all the dairy products in the cooler with the ice.  Luckily I was able to make it back with everything still very cold."  Lucinda snorts "only because you also bought dry ice when I reminded you that the ice cream would melt."  

I jumped up and ran to the freezer "yes, you got my ice cream."  I spin around "if anyone eats my ice cream or drinks my milk they are so dead."  Tristan chuckles "I take it the ice cream is also lactose-free."  Fred nods "yep, depending on the flavor they are usually made from either coconut or almond milk."  He walks over and looks at the ice cream taking a picture as well as of the milk.  I cock an eyebrow at him "really?"  He nods his head "yes really I need to make sure I know what my mate likes and can or can't have."

I look around "Xavy, do you think if we take a few warriors I can unwind."  He sighs "Triny I would say yes but if we had that many guards on the border..."  Johnathan clears his throat "what is going on?"  Xavier sighs "Trina needs to relax and the best place for her is by a body of water.  Seeing as you share the same body of water as Alpha Mortimer if we were to send thirty guards to surround her..."  "My pack might think it is an attack and prepare for war."  "Exactly."  Johnathan laughs shaking his head and picks up his phone.  "San, I need you to send thirty guards to the lake.  Tell them no one is allowed in that area but the people I am going with.  Alpha Mortimer will be sending thirty warriors as well.  Not to mention some of if not all of the Future commanding line of the Lone Star Pack will be there."  "Ok, and is that all."  "Oh, yeah future former Beta Tristan will be with them."

"Wait, what do you mean future former Beta Tristan?"  "Turns out that Tristan's second chance mate is Future Alpha Katrina Garza."  We all soon hear a whop "congratulations, Tristan."  Jonathan shakes his head "don't get too excited.  The dork decided to jump to conclusions instead of finding out what was going on and hid his scent from his mate."   We all hear a snort "so, I take it she is going to make him work for her?"  "Yep and before you ask..."  

We all sit there listening to Alpha Johanathan explain to his Beta Lysander why Tristan has to work to win my heart.  We all soon hear a snort and Tony yelling "dude I told you to trust the Moon Goddess."  Tristan glares at the phone "Shut it, San  Tell Cindy I don't need the unmasking potion.  Turns out his Majesty is here and brought his own witch."  I snort "he does not work for his majesty.  He is part of the witches' council and has agreed to help us."  

Tristan nods "ok, as you heard my mate San the witches council is on this bye."  Soon everyone says bye to Beta Lysander and I am given the all-clear to head to the lake.  I look around and head to Tom only to hear Tristan growl.  Johnathan yells stand down Tristan.  Tom looks at Tristan "dude she needs to clear her head and think about what has happened between you two.  If you are there that won't happen and she will not relax.  Just give us ten minutes.  Believe me, nothing is going to happen.  There are going to be sixty warriors with us."

Tristan nods as we head out and it is not long before we are back at the lake with Mortimers' guards surrounding the area on their side.  Tom walks up to Johnathan's side as I sit down staring out into the lake "hello I am Future Beta Thomas from the Lone Star Pack.  That is Future Alpha Katrina.  Right now she is going into her trance.  Don't be mistaken she can still hear everything but she is trying to process everything she has learned today."

"Ok, so we are here to make sure that Former Alpha William does not make it close to her."  "Yes, he wants to forcibly mark her and the last thing we need is for her to die or Future Male Luna Tristan to..."  "go on a killing spree.  Yeah, we don't need that.  Because not only will he try to kill your whole pack but Alpha Mortimer's since we are on his territory and our pack since we should have his back."  "Exactly..."  Is the last thing I heard before everything goes black.