14. TRUTH

Trina's POV

Alpha Mortimer and Alpha Johnathan let me know that Johnathan's brother/second Beta was on his way to help with the testing that will be taking place this week. I wanted to ask Alpha Johnathan about crossing into his territory to find my mate but I was scared that I would be rejected again or that he was a fake mate. Tom tried to convince me to approach Alpha Johnathan but I wasn't ready. It was Brenda that convinced Tom to let me wait until I was ready to look for him or let the Moon Goddess work her magic. I have to agree with her that allowing the Moon Goddess to work her magic was the better idea."

It wasn't long before Alpha Mortimer let us know that the Beta had crossed into the territory and we all headed outside. Well mainly myself, Tom, Brenda, Alpha Mortimer, Beta Lysander, and Alpha Johnathan. The newcomer greeted everyone he knew and turned to Alpha Mortimer when he introduced him to me. I learned his name was Tristan. I couldn't help but notice how he looked surprised when I introduced Brenda as Tom's mate. What did he think that Tom and I were together? I know Tom is keeping an eye on me but can't he tell how Tom is clinging to his mate? I was about to call him on it when Willie came out letting me know my dad had called. I really was not in the mood to deal with his overprotective nature. I just called him three hours ago to let him know everything was great.

I definitely had to call him so I could let him know we were having a new pack member joining and that she was Tom's mate. "What's up, Willie?" "Alpha Eralio called and he needs you to call him back ASAP." "Why?" "Please you know he will not tell me." I nod as Tom drapes an arm around my shoulder "Come on Triny you know Uncle Eralio is more than likely just checking up on you." I hear my phone go off and see that Willie has it in his hand and yank it out looking at the caller ID. "I don't think that is why he is calling. This is Xavy." I picked up the phone "What is going on Zavy?" "Triny please stay calm. I hate telling you this but William escaped. He is vowing to find you and forcibly mark you." "what is it Triny?" "I know you are a strong and competent fighter Triny but please stay close to the packhouse and the gang." "OK, Zavy I promise I will stay close to the packhouse." "Triny what the hell is going on?" "Tell everyone what is going on." "OK, I will let everyone know." "Baby girl stay safe and stay there." "Oh, hey Dad." "Like I told Zavy I promise I will stick close to the packhouse and the guys. " "OK, good." "I have to go Tommy Boy is freaking out." "I bet. I love you, baby girl." "Ok, Dad love you too give mom a big hug from me. Oh and Tom's rents as well."

Before I could explain what is going on his Majesty screamed out "WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN HE ESCAPED?" Tom looked at me "Who escaped Triny I know it has to do with you since you tensed up. Please tell me it wasn't that asshat William." I nod my head "Tom Tom please don't let him get me." "What the hell is he going to do?" My heart started beating fast and my head started spinning. As everything turned to black I felt two strong arms that sent tingles throughout my body pull me from Tom's arms.

Tom's POV

I feel the panic building in Trina causing me to freak out. The last time she was this scared was when we were kids. I heard her heart pick up speed and before I could do anything Beta Tristan pulled her out of my arms and against his body just as her eyes closed and she goes limp. I glared at him. "Give me back my Alpha and Best Friend." He growled at me "No mine." It was then I noticed his wolf was out. Alpha Mortimer looked at Alpha Johnathan who nodded "Rudy we need to get her to the pack hospital." He nodded and carried her to the hospital. After laying her down I glared at him "If you are her mate why didn't you say anything when you first got here." "That is Tristan. Our first mate rejected us for Tony." I shook my head "Who?" Alpha Johnathan spoke up "That would be my wolf."

I nodded "ok, continue." "We saw you two in the clearing and when her scent hit us we knew she was our second chance mate. Unfortunately, you pulled her into a hug and kissed the crown of her head. That instantly turned Tristan off from being with her. He thought she was a rank climber. It wasn't until your mate showed up that he realized she was the Alpha." "You keep saying he." "Only Tristan was skeptical about you two. I do not understand why but I knew the instant I saw you two there was nothing going on between the two of you or ever has been." I nodded "Continue." "When we were told that we had to come here. Tristan had a witch that is mated to one of our pack members make him a potion to hide his scent." "Ok, so that is why she doesn't know you're her mate. I should let you know that a piece of your clothing made its way to her and she knows her mate is from your pack."