5. IT'S TIME

Everything moved by quickly and it wasn't long before we were getting ready for Tom's eighteenth birthday party.  It was really funny how other she-wolves that would hit on Tom when Genevive wasn't around started leaving him alone.  Everyone laughed at them when they would complain that they wasted their time on him when he wasn't even an Alpha.  As usual, our moms dragged us to the mall to buy our outfits for the night.  Luckily Tom only had to pick out a shirt and tie since he already had his tux.  I on the other hand needed a new dress.  Even though it was not my night since I was the Future Alpha I had to look the part.  

Just like my birthday ball all of the commanding line and the future commanding line are introduced with the exception I am announced as the Future Alpha and Tom is last and announced as the Future Beta and the birthday boy.  Even though we knew I was not Tom's mate from my celebration I stand in the circle of all the unmated females.  Tom just had to follow my lead and walks up to me hugs me saying "I am so glad it is not you."  I cackle "hello, we knew that three months ago."  Everyone laughs and it isn't long before he looks around and shakes his head. 

Well, that was until this beautiful 5'9" she-wolf with raven black hair that is held back by a white headband.  Her make-up is minimal and it is obvious that she is not thrilled with being all dressed up and walks in from outside.  Tom spins around and is across the room pulling her up against him "MINE!"  She sighs "look, I don't do all that high-maintenance crap.  I prefer jeans and t-shirts and what you see is what you get.  So if you have a problem with that you might as well tell me now so I can reject you."  

I laugh and walk up to Tom as he stands there with his jaw on the floor.  I pat his back reach across him and close his mouth "I like her.  She can help me keep you in your place."  Tom glares at me "I would never make you do those things.  I have to deal with this pain in the ass all the time."  I stick my tongue out at him "yeah, but one you have to do what I say, and two you love me.  Just wait till you shift.  Your wolf has so much to tell you."  She looks between the two of us and glares at me "you realize I am his mate."  "Yep, and his name is Tom he is my Future Beta and Best friend.  Plus you don't have to worry about anything after tomorrow night's full moon his wolf will explain why."  She giggles "I am Maggie and I am from the Moonbeam Pack."  "Really wow you all didn't make it to my party." 

I pout and Tom laughs "Ahh poor baby."  I glare at him "oh, that is because we were moving our pack.  The humans close to our village have wandered on to pack territory a couple of times and reported huge wolves in the woods.  Since the local animal control started looking for the huge wolves we had to stop shifting unless in our training center.  As you know it started driving our wolves crazy since we couldn't run so our Alpha made a deal to move us here."  I nod my head "that is great."  Tom glares at me "do you mind if I get to know my mate."  I laugh "actually I do.  I want to get to know her too since she will be mated to my bestie."

Tom rolls his eye as I cackle and walk off to our parents.  "Baby girl were you giving Tom a hard time."  "Yep, I decided to take his mate's attention.  We need to talk to the Alpha of the Moonbeam Pack and her parents to let them know she needs to attend the training facility."  They both nod "The Alpha is not here yet.  Turns out that today is his birthday.  Just to let you know that Tom's mate is his little sister."  "Really how old is the Alpha?"  "Oh, he is twenty.  He had a few She-wolves from Alpha lines show up hoping they are his second chance mate.  Turns out that his mate cheated on him the same night they met as well."  I shake my head "that sucks."  

Tom walks up "Alpha Eralio, Luna Bethany, Beta Walter, and Beta Female Linda I would like you to meet my mate Maggie Mcdonald from the Moonlight Pack."  Tom sticks his tongue at me and I giggle calling the entire Future leader line up to meet Tom's mate.  Tom glares at me "really."  Lucinda laughs "dude you should know Trina by now.  As soon as one of us finds our mate she attacks."  I giggle and dance around giggling "I made Tommy Boy blush...I made Tommy Boy blush..."  Maggie laughs "your bestie is funny.  I linked my brother he should be here soon."  As I spin around I smash right into a hard chest and feel two arms wrap around me before I could hit the floor.  As I am pulled tighter against the towering body I hear a low growl "MINE!!!"  I slowly glance up into two dark green eyes as the sparks dance around my body.