Friends

Joe's POV (IDC WHAT ANY OF YOU SAy JOE HAS ABS IN THIS OKAY ABS ARE HOT)

Oh.
This is not ideal.

I really thought zubin was gonna open that door. He said he might pull up later since he forgot his tie after we had a pillow fight.

'Crap crap crap! What the heck?'

"I- uh... I'll come back laterrrr...." y/n just gaped, trying to avert her eyes from me.

It was kind of funny. Until I realized she was actually going to leave.

"Wait." I lightly held her wrist back. I need her to talk to me, to communicate. Zubin can't do my work for me anymore.

(Zoobin 😍😍😍)

"Please don't go yet-" I blurted out, desperately wanting to talk to her, my eyes shining with way more ePiC determination.

"Why?" She breathlessly asked, confused yet also curious. I guess if you walked in on a shirtless dude you would be questioning a lot of things.

"Because-" An awkward silence hung in the air. "Because i need to talk to you. About yesterday."

Y/n POV

Oh. He wanted to talk about that too.
His hand still held my wrist as I gazed at him. His eyes held an emotion, one I recognized as fear. Why is he scared?

"Yesterday. Yeah, Yesterday was great. What was wrong with yesterday?" I was rambling on about it, but I didn't think he'd engage this conversation.

"I- I shouldn't have done that without thinking. Or at least asking you-" Joe stuttered, obviously really flustered about this whole situation. Who could blame him?

I smiled stupidly. Joe-ussy.

"Can I come in?" I pointed into his room which was aggressively clean. He nodded, opening the door for me.

I sat on one of the assorted chairs that stood on his high countertop. Even though I tried not to, I couldn't stop looking at Joe. (Guys please trust he canonically has abs not clickbait 🥺)

I realized I sorta blanked out looking at him, but he seemed to notice and spoke out.

"Hey. My eyes are up here." (Imagine it in like the hot anime boy voice bc he totally totally has that)

I coughed aggressively, trying to direct the conversation anywhere else- I was not looking at his abs.

An awkward silence followed, the room desolate or any sound other than zubin and Rob screaming about something in the room next door.

Gosh, I need to fix this fast.

"Sooo... yesterday. That was cool."
I internally facepalmed. Seriously?

"No it wasn't. You- I.. I won't do it again. I never should have. It was just an impulse thing is all."

My heart cracked slightly. I didn't realize he didn't actually care about the kiss, that it was just a spur of the moment decision- I thought it was real.

"But hopefully we're still friends?"

That one word made me more upset and hurt than it should've.

Maybe I should have known it was like this. Just friends, nothing else.

I inhaled, put on the best smile I could, even when tears threatened to spill over my eyes. I wouldn't show him that. I'll never show anyone.

"Yeah. Friends."

{ladies and gents. We are reaching out very first angst period where everyone hates everything. Enjoy suffering!}