•Things are getting serious•

Joe Hawley POV-

As I approached the studio, Zubin ran up to me.

"Not good dude. Not good."

I feigned confidence. "As cmon zoobity zubert. It can't be that bad right?"

He bit his lip nervously, which just caused more internal panik for me. The feeling of unease sank into my body. The doors to the studio seemed a lot more menacing now.

We opened the main doors as the smell of old paper and something that reminded me of laundry detergent filled our noses.

I looked around for a moment. Everything seemed pretty normal. The musty crusty papers still flew across the room, and the Will wood statue was still in its rightful place in the left corner. Until I felt  Zubin tug  my sleeve.

He pointed his finger to the right corner, and in my peripheral vision I saw it.

My joe hawley colored heart stopped in my chest. Oh my Gosh.

I knew those people like I know ur mom. The top songwriters for Ross is just a drummer inc. biggest competitors. Known none other
'Neil Cicierega A.K.A Lemon Demon Inc.' Or NCLD for short.
Many people were in the group, bantering about who knows what.
But I'm more concerned about why a certain red haired girl is here. Is it coincidence? How did she find me?

Whatever the case, I need to avoid her as much as possible. I can't have her here. Not now, not ever. I need her away...

(First flashback wooo! This may be a Joe x reader but that doesn't mean we cant add lore right? It's a AU okay. I can add some depth here)

Senior year was finally ending as I walked up to my best friend Rachel's house. We agreed to hang out tonight, and today was the day I was gonna tell her that I liked her. Yes, I, Joe Hawley, a sweaty senior who was just now learning how to ride a bike, was gonna ask this really hot girl out.

Her front doorsteps looked over me like a statue and seemed way more intense than normal.

'Swallow your pride and do it!' I challenged myself. I could hear the pounding in my ears.

I bumped my hand against the door three times before she opened the door.

"Joe! Hey cmon in, I made some pizza rolls."
Rachel smiled. Pizza rolls? You know it.

We were at the couch and talked for a while about some mindless topics like how someone told her that Fatina bumped into Neil Cicierega today. {sorry other readers only my bestie with understand this reference. It's totally not a reference to a Neil Cicierega x OC we're working on...}.

I didn't believe her, but let her continue talking. I was completely tuned out as I looked at her. She was something. Beauty, but a bit of a sturdy personality. That's okay though, I still love her. That crimson curly hair dipped down past her shoulders and her amber eyes shone with interest in.. whatever topic she was talking about.

Now or never. Time to be cool, or totally drool.

"Rachel. I-"

She looked up at me and I almost lost my composure. Those eyes stared into my soul, I swear.

Proms coming up. I have to do it now!
I bit my lip, clenched my fist, and looked her directly in the eye.

"Would you like to go to the dance with me? As a date?"

A/N
Not much to say. Had fun with this chapter, especially some Joe backstory. Neil Cicierega x OC in Drafting??? You'll have to see later I guess. Also Tyson for 200+ views y'all are crazy! Bye bby gorls