•Any Day•

Y/N POV

I opened my door to head down to the studio, even though I was early. I wanted to get there a bit early so I could hang out with Joe. I've only known him for a few days, but he's familiar to me and I consider him close already.

I expected to see him at the studio. What I didn't expect was bumping into this gorgeous girl the second I walked outside.

I heard her grunt. She must be my new neighbor.

Instantly, I was secretly jealous. She had long curly Red hair and these mesmerizing amber eyes. What I didn't like what the slight glint in her eye when she looked at me.

"Oh. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-"

"Oh it's totally fine! I get it I really do." Her voice sounded so fake, but I wasn't gonna comment on it because let's be honest, who would?

I peeked around her only to see Joe. He looked mortified. Terrified, scared, quaking, you name it. I didn't know why though, so I just went with it.

"Hey joe. I was working on some songs for you.
Thought you would be at the studi-"

"He'll be there later." Her voice was absolutely dripping with venom, and she had suddenly turned extremely hostile.

What the heck woman?

I looked and joe, and he just nodded. We both knew the silent message he had said.

"Hard to explain. Talk later."

I gave a subtle nod back and replied.

"Oh ok. My bad I guess. Cya H.

I don't normally call him that, but it was an experiment to get a reaction from Rachel. Would the nickname get a response from her? Is she jealous?

All she did was flinch, but that still told me a little bit. She definitely didn't like the nickname.

Well, I'm not gonna provoke her anymore.

I pivoted on my heel and walked toward the elevator, hoping everything would be fine and this girl would be gone by tonight.

Spoiler alert. She wasn't.

When Joe arrived at the studio, all the NCLD associates were still present, including the girl I met earlier.

When he walked in I saw him SPRINT to the seat next to me and sit down. It was the last one on the isle, so I'm guessing it was to escape Mrs. Red Hair.

But no privacy for him I guess, because she sat directly behind him.

I heard Joe sigh and put his palms into his face. No words were exchanged, but I rubbed his shoulder reassuraningly, and to my surprise he placed his hand on top of mine.

All the breathe that might have been in my system was immediately VACUUMED out of my body. Pink dusted my cheeks and I could feel myself burning.

I guess Joe was a bit more confident today. That, or he really needed to hold someone's hand.

Yeah. That's all. He doesn't like me like that. No way. {welcome to this weeks episode of dense Y/N. We'll see you next week.}

"Ok bros. Let's get this started." Rob began.
"Basically, we wanna make an album with some new songs. A collar with NCLD would boost both of our sales by at least double. However, we need a songwriter to work with us. Preferably someone from NCLD who will write most of the songs and be credited the most.

I didn't even have to look, I just knew the amber eyed lady behind me had shot her hand up. "I would love to work with the tallyhall members on a new album! The first female too as well!"

"Not true." Joe pointed his thumb at me, not even looking at y/n and staying focused forward. "She's got that title I'm afraid, Rachel."

Ah. So that's her name.

She pouted.

"Well, don't you only need one songwriter?" She retorted.

"In taking Y/n over you any day. I could be on literal crack cocAine  and I'd still pick her."

Rachel was Fuming. Her amber eyes burned with an unnecessary rage, and I could only guess why. Note the sarcasm.

"That's enough joe, please. Mrs. Rachel, you'll work alongside Y/n. Got it?" Rob pointed to the both of you.

She did the little 'hm!' Thing.
"Of course."