Nervousness. I don't like that.

"No." I say bluntly, side stepping him and walking away.

I was about to pass his father but he suddenly reaches out and places his hand on my bicep, halting my movements.

"Ace, please let's talk—"

I blink and he's already been pushed off me by Santi.

Shaking my head, I release a slow breath and walk away.

Okay, so, I'm burning this shirt.

Just as I was about to make it back to the table, another fucking kid gets in my way. I'm hanging on by a thread.

"Ace," He smirks and I feel my lip curl upwards slightly, "Got a minute?"

His cocky demeanour is already pissing me off. I can already tell this kid is an absolute jackass.

"Here have a drink," He shoves a glass of whiskey in my hands, "Let's talk about your daughter,"

I clench the glass tightly in my hands and glare down at him, getting irritated. My temper sparked. Fury built inside of me and my tolerance is slowly dropping.

"She's physically stunning," He licks his lips, "I want to be her suitor. I'm better than all these morons in here since I know what I'm doing. Especially with a girl like her." He shoots me one of his disgusting smirks. "She needs someone like me."

How fucking dare he.

I was blinded with rage and my fists ball, itching to punch his smug face until it becomes unrecognisable. I can even hear the sound of my own knuckles cracking.

My deafening silence seems to strike his nerves because he swallows and rubs the back of his neck.

"Anyway," He cleared his throat, "I heard she's a great cook. I have a big kitchen back at home I'm sure she'll like and..." He trails off, looking beside me.

I feel a warm hand on my fist and I already know it's my wife without even looking away from the fool in front of me.

"Ace, let's go." She says softly, pulling my arm. I'm so glad she's here otherwise I would've punched this fuck. It's like she knows.

I throw the whisky on his face, smash the glass and direct a cold glare towards him, leaving him stunned as I turn around and walk away.

"I always say a woman's true nature is in the kitchen!A kitchen I could've given her—"

I pause.

Then land a hard punch across his face, sending him straight to the floor with a painful groan. Gasps erupt in the hall as the last of my patience finally snaps.

He holds his bloody nose and stares up at me with fear shining in his eyes. "What the fuck!"

Roughly, I grip his collar and bring him up to my eye level. "If you ever," I seethe, voice low, "Talk about my daughter like that again I will fucking murder you," I tighten my grip on him, lifting him off his feet, "Understand me, kid?"

He nods his head frantically, turning red from how hard I'm holding him.

"I can't hear you."

"Y-Yes."

I throw him back on to the floor and adjust my cufflinks, rolling my shoulders to relieve the tension.

My son suddenly storms over to him. "I will fuck you up." He grits out angrily, raising his fist in the air but the motherfucker is already scrambling away with wide eyes, making him scoff.

"Boys who say that just don't know what to do with them in the bedroom." River scoffs, rolling her eyes and crossing her arms over her chest as she glared down at him.

He swallows thickly and keeps his gaze on the floor as my men come over and drag him out of here. Everyone goes back to what they were doing before as loud chattering erupts in the hall.

Reyna emerges from the crowd, looking at me with wide eyes. "You punched him?" She asks in bewilderment.

"He fuckin' deserved much worse." I spat out angrily, still feeling the adrenaline pumping through my veins.

River gently grabs my fist and I unclench my hand, letting her slide her fingers through mine. My anger slowly subsides and I release a deep breath, feeling her squeeze my hand.

"Come here." I say softly and she sighs, walking into my arms. I wrap my free arm around her shoulders, kissing the top of her head. "You see this is why I want you to find someone yourself." I mutter.

"Thought I couldn't date?" She grins.

"Because of boys like him." I grumble.

"There are men like you." She sighs.

"Please," River scoffs, "He threw me into a bush in the middle of no where and left me there. FYI Ace, I still want my apology."

"River," I groan and wrap both of my arms around Reyna's shoulder instead, "Shh, don't listen to her. She doesn't know what she's talking about. She's being delusional." I mutter, grinning when I hear Reyna's laugh.

"Go fuck yourself." She shoves my shoulder.

I stick my middle finger up at her in response.

"It's okay Mamà," Matteo laughs, pulling her into a hug, "I would never do that to you."

"I'd like to think so." She mumbles and he grins.

thank you for the suggestion! <3