107. ꕥ The Azgeda King

Start from the beginning

"We'll figure this out, Jo." He assured, taking a step closer to me as we walked.

"I know." I nodded, staring straight ahead at Octavia's back. "We always do, right?"

Bellamy smiled sadly, dipping his head down before looking back up at me, seemingly afraid of speaking his following words. "You've been acting different since the oil rig. What's wrong?"

"Nothing." The word came quickly from my mouth — too quick, and Bellamy knew that. He knew that word came out too fast for it to be actually true. I looked up at him, letting a huff of air leave my mouth. "Fine. When I took a walk, Luna found me, and... she said some things."

"Like what?" Bellamy inquired.

"Like about the baby." I winced as the words left my mouth.

"You told her?" Bellamy raised his voice loud enough for the three ahead of us to hear and turn their heads back. They all stopped, and a deadened silence came over us as they looked back at the two of us. My heartbeat was racing, even though they didn't hear the first part. I shared a look with each of them before they started moving again, with Bellamy and I waiting an extra moment before following.

A small sigh left my mouth as I looked up to Bellamy. "I didn't tell her. She just knew."

"How is that even possible?" Asked Bellamy.

"I don't know." I answered with my eyes growing wide. "She said 'a Mother carries her self differently than others'.

Bellamy shook his head, running his tongue on his bottom lip before settling his gaze back on me. "Did she say anything else?"

My head went to the ground, my encounter with Luna replaying in my head, especially the question she asked me. I bit on the inside of my cheek so hard that a metallic taste formed in my mouth, and I diverted my eyes to the ground. My hands started fiddling with one another as we continued to walk, and I could feel Bellamy staring at the side of my head, waiting for an answer.

I finally looked back to meet his eyes, opening my mouth and beginning to reply, only to be cut off by Clarke, who had stopped and turned back towards the four of us behind her. "Come on. We need to get back."

Both mine and Bellamy's eyes went ahead to the blond, with the former of us two looking back at me, furrowing his brows and urging me to say something, but I shook my head. No matter how much I hated it, Bellamy didn't need to know what else Luna said. It would just be another thing added on top of all the things going on in his life, and he didn't need that right now.

The little bit of time it took to get to the Rover from there was spent in silence, everyone indulging back in their own thoughts. Once we did get there, everyone started to do their own thing. Bellamy was working on charging the Rover while Octavia loaded what little gear we had into the Rover and then began sharpening her sword in the back. I sat on top of the Rover with my legs dangling against the bared windshield, watching Clarke pace back and forth as Jasper sat on the hood, one leg pulled to his chest.

"The Rover's almost charged. We need to pack up. We'll be home soon." Bellamy announced, hopping down from where he worked on the solar panel.

"Than what? Run away?" Clarke quizzed.

"We're not running away, Clarke." Bellamy shut the driver's side door, walking to where Clarke stood in front of the Rover. "We need to regroup with the others and find another way to defeat—"

"There is no other way." Clarke cut off, the desperation in her voice growing at an abundant rate. "We need to find a Nightblood. We need to unlock the Flame. It's the only way to stop ALIE."