Chp 20: Unwanted Company

Patience P.OV (Marcel above)

After all these years he hadn't changed at all if anything he was just handsome as I remember him being all those years ago. And that's what caused my heart beat to pick up speed.

He started with a scoff before he spoke letting his island accent drip into his every word "No hello? how've you been? not even a smile after not seeing me for almost 5 years" marcel playfully joked with a smirk.

I meet his question with a cold expression and answered his with one question of my own "why are you here" I narrowed my eyes my voice void of any emotion.

At my cold attitude towards him he placed a hand on his chest and jerked his head back a little like he was surprised at my tone. "Sheesh so cold we'll I had just flown into town on a business meeting so I wanted to stop by and visit an old friend and maybe thought we could go out to lunch" he motioned towards the door where his driver was waiting patiently for the both us.

For a moment I felt my mask falter letting my true emotions slip onto my face in the form of disgust. From the moment I saw his face to just hearing his voice it brought me the feeling of both disgust and anger and I made sure he knew how repulsed I was by his very presence.

"You got some fucking nerve showing up without asking and even the balls to ask me out" I scoffed crossing my arms across my chest as I looked him up and down like the idiot he was if he thought I was going anywhere with him.

"Listen Patience I know you want nothing to do with me but *sigh* I just really need to talk to you and I want to do it over a relaxing lunch so will you please" his deep brown eyes stared deep into mines almost like he was begging me with his eyes.

I felt the anger bubbling in my stomach and the words I knew would hurt his feeling pouring onto my tongue like acid but before I could spit the deadly venom the sound of my stomach made it's presence known loudly making him raise his brow and chuckle lightly to himself.

I mentally cursed at myself as I felt my cheeks heat up slightly. Even when I was angry my body made sure to make it known it was still hungry.

"Well looks like your tummy has spoken for you now you have no choice but to come out to eat with me" he smile widened even more exposing his pearly whites.

my face changed into one of a scrowl at the fact that my body betrayed me but also at the thought of even being in the same room as him. On one hand I can get a free meal but on the other hand I have to associate with him.

I heavily weighted my options and tried to throughly think it through. But I don't know if it was my stomach talking but I thought about if I agreed to go out to eat with him I'd figure out what he wanted then he'll be back out of my life again eventually I came to an agreement.

I sighed heavily and rubbed my temple with two fingers "Fine let me grab my purse then we'll go" I rolled my eyes turning to head towards my office.

"No need I'll be paying for everything"

"I never said you weren't" I answered back over my shoulder. I made a beeline towards my office grabbed my purse, and told Penelope I was going out before I was back in the lobby; where he was waiting with his hands borrowed In his pockets as he looked around the building. Once he spotted me a large smile jumped back onto his face exposing his dimples.

Lord let this dinner pass by fast.

We hopped into his car and began the drive towards the restaurant of his choice. The whole ride over was silent with me staring outside of the window watching as people went about their everyday lives as I could feel his eyes burning into the side of my head every few minutes.