Chp 28: Wild Side

Aaron P.O.V (Same day)

I downed another drink before cringing at the strong taste it left behind and shaking the feeling off. I turned to Logan who also followed suit before requesting another one, making my brows furrow in worry.

Just as the bartender went to hand it to him, I quickly snuck it from his reach, making logan turn to me with a confused look on his face. "I think that's enough for one night man remember you have to drive home tonight."

"It's not enough until I'm so shit faced drunk I can barely remember my name," Logan grumbled back as he drunkly tried to reach for the drink in my hand but I held it higher from his reach. logan gave me a look that would've intimidated anyone but instead I gave him another stern no making him sigh in frustration " Fine I'll just go to the bathroom then we'll go" he grumbled under his breath before stumbling to his feet and disappearing into the crowd.

I sighed aloud and placed the drink on the counter. I hadn't seen logan this low since that happened... he was an out of control alcoholic but years deep therapy and support finally saved him from his own prison and he remained this way for a while but dealing with maya and her shit it seemed like he had re woken that problem he had beat all those years ago. As his friend, I wasn't going to let that happen he has come to far, and I refuse to let him go backwards. My eyes narrowed, my mind set on getting Logan through this dark time as I clutched the small shot glass in hand.

I was pulled from my thoughts by the deep and sly voice to the right that was loud enough to be heard over the bumping music. Followed by his voice was a much more feminine one that was higher pitched but held prescision in every word that left her mouth.

"Come on baby, how about we dance your to pretty to be sitting alone."

"How about hell no and fuck off"

He smacked his lips and laughed dryly "Come on girl stop being like that"

"I know this if you touch me one more time your gonna loose your eye and your hand" the woman hissed back.

I snapped my head in the direction of the commotion and a few chairs down from where I sat a man stood in a hooded jacket leaning on the left of the bar as he slyly smirked in the direction of a woman that clearly stood out from the rest of the crowd.

Unlike everyone in the club, she stood out with her red dress pants she wore with a white ruffle blouse under a red blazer and finished with a pair of red heel boots. Her lips were also coated in red, highlighting the way the bright color collided with her brown skin. Her Smokey eye shadow brought out the browness of her eyes, and her long eyelashes gave her the typical bedroom eyes that could've stolen the heart of any man. Her body was littered in jewelry from head to toe speaking values that she was wasn't just some ordinary woman. Just the aura around her held boujie and confidence on a level that made her completely out of his league.

I turned a eye to them and reverted to getting on my phone. Last thing I wanted to do was intervene in the situation that had nothing to do with me, but as her voice progressively got louder and his pleading slowly started to turn into threats. I couldn't help but to shoot quick glances in their direction and I wasn't the only one that couldn't help to look. almost everyone around the bar stole quick glances in their direction but made no move to diffuse the altercation. The situation quickly escalated once he did something I couldn't quite catch but it made her retaliate with a solid punch to the face that sent him stumbling back from her. That brought a smirk to my face as I turned away to look down at my phone. The dick deserved it.

My expression quickly changed when he regained his posture and I saw the evil glint in his eye. I knew this wasn't gonna turn out good. I quickly moved from my position and moved through the crowds towards them.