Chp 35: Warm Sensation

Logan P.O.V

I watched the way she held Linus close In her arms like a mother would her child. Her touch was so gentle and her words even softer. I've never seen her act like this with anyone. Normally, she's so cold. if you didn't know her personally, you would think she was some stuck-up rich women. But getting to know her personally, these past few days, I knew that wasn't even close to who she was. Seeing her now with her emotions bare and her heart exposed full of vulnerability, it made her that more beautiful to me.

I watched for a bit longer, knowing I would never get to see her this way again. Camila appeared at my side as she watched the scene play out in front of us with a heart felt look in her eyes. "She's pretty and good with kids she's a keeper so don't fuck this up" Camilia lightly slapped my neck making me flinch.

"It's not like that she's my boss and just a friend that's it."

"Oh please I can tell your feeling her"

"Yeah as A friend. The last thing that's on my mind right now is dating or talking to anybody at all for that matter" I grunted with my arms crossed.

"thanks to that bitch Im pissed that you told me so late. I could've handled her" she whisper yelled at me.

"That's the exact reason why I didn't tell you" I said before walking to where Patience stood. After almost getting assaulted by patience's friend I meet with Camilia for breakfast and dumped the whole situation with maya on her, excluding the parts dealing with patience, of course. Camilia wasn't too upset about us breaking up, considering she didn't like maya to begin with. Any time they were anywhere near each other, it turned into a competition to see who could hurt the other's feelings the worst. I did have to stop her from tracking down maya but it did feel good knowing Camilia has my back.

We said our goodbyes to Camilia and the rest of the family before we were off to our first destination. I chose a old school diner with the same aesthic as the ones seen in old movies like grease. My mom would take me every year for my birthday whenever we had extra money to spend. It was one of my most cherished memories.

I turned to patience for a moment as her attention was focused on whatever was on her phone. I began to strike up conversation with one more look before my eyes shot back towards the road. "I'm surprised you haven't asked where we're going."

"Well, I trust you enough to know you're not going to kill me, so It doesn't matter." She shrugged her eyes, lifting to me.

"Bold assumption you barely know me," I slyly smirked in her direction before turning back to the road.

"Then I guess it's just the vibe you give off that lures me into a false sense of comfort," she joked back with a smirk.

45 minutes had passed before the car began to slow until it came to a halt. Patience fixated her gaze from her phone and onto the small diner that sat between a busy street that led into the city and a highway that rose over the restaurant. From the top of the building sat a neon red sign that blinked the words Curly Sweet's. Metal poles that intertwined the colors red and white sat on both sides of the building holding the structure together. The same colors decorated the brick walls white, and the doors plastered an apple red.The parking lot was partially filled with cars not enough to determine if it was packed on the inside or not.

I parked us before tending to patience's side like a true gentleman. I offered a hand for her to take as she pushed herself from the car, but her gaze stuck in the direction of the restaurant with a look that made it hard to tell what she was thinking.

"Welcome to Curly Sweet's our first stop of our day and I can telling by your silence you've never been here before so that's good" I beamed as we both walked in unison towards the entrance.