Chp 15: Deal breaker

Patience P.O.V (Penelope above I love this woman😍)

The meeting from last week was a total success and today I was just meeting with my new partners to sign the papers that would officially make me the richest black Bachelorette in the business world.

It was going to be a smooth process, but that was until a man that I had no knowledge of stepped foot into the room. He wore a black hat that covered his eyes and his face, and unlike everybody in the room that wore suits and ties, he was completely out of place with his blue jeans and white shirt.

It took him a good minute to realize that every eye in that room was aimed in his direction and when he did I could see his body freeze as he looked around the room. My brows furrowed as I looked in the direction of one of my assistants that looked back at me with a shrug of the shoulders.

"Um excuse me sir how can I hel-" I went to ask but my words froze in my throat when his eyes shot up to meet mine and I fully saw his face.

Those same baby blue eyes that I looked into that held so much emotions stood In the room with a look of absolute shock at my presence just as much as I was at his. I felt the color drain from my face as my heart began to race.

This can't be happening? and right now of all times. How the hell did he find me? Is he stalking me?

So many thoughts ran through my mind and a bundle of emotions ran through my body but the one that I was hella sure of was anger. I felt the anger start to seep onto my facial features also clouding my thinking.

But just before I could lash out in the most unprofessional way my eyes met with the men sitting around the table with worried expressions on their face.

That's right I couldn't let my emotions engulf my common sense especially in this moment. I've worked to hard and almost over exhausted my team trying to make sure we successfully secured this deal for it to ultimately fall to nothing.

I owe it to them to get this deal or I would be a failure as a boss.

One of my security guards leaned in on the side of me questioning if I was alright which I replied with a quick 'yes' as I cleared my throat

"Excuse me gentlemen I'm sorry about the inconvenience but give me a second and I'll be right back with you, once again I apologize, so feel free to fill yourselves up on the refreshments served in the room thank you" I said politely before walking to the door where he still stood his eyes never leaving my figure. Before I got to the door I motioned for one guard to follow me.

I walked past the guy and motioned for him to follow me with my finger before turning and walking out the door. I didn't have to turn around to feel him close behind me. I lead him into my office a few doors down from the meeting room and motioned for the guard to stand outside the door.

I waited by the door as he walked inside ahead of me before shutting the door behind me. I took a deep breath to try to keep my composure before I turned to address the man in the room who's eyes wondered over the large room, taking in the view that over looked the whole city.

I cleared my throat getting his attention to settle on me. Once his eyes meet mine I could see his cheeks pinken as something flashed in his eyes before they disappeared.

I closed the gap between us coming to stand right in front of him. I was going to start off by simply questioning him but my impatience and anger got the best of me.

"First of all who are you?How did you get into my building without a pass? And if you are stalking me I want hesitate to take you to jail" The questions shot off my tongue like bullets as I pressed a acrylic finger against his chest making him take slight steps backwards.