Chp 10: Presence

Logan P.O.V

In the dimly lit club of the golden diamond my body was pressed firmly against the woman's in front of me. I couldn't take my eyes off of the ones staring back at me, I could feel them staring into my very soul leaving me feeling exposed and vulnerable like a therapist reading thier patient like an open book.

I held her thin waist securely in my arms in an attempt to keep her from falling exposing me to all the curves that marbled her beautiful body. Even under the tight fitting dress every dimple and curve could be felt perfectly aligning the dress, filling it up in just the right places.

Her smell also engulfed me in a warm embrace leaving me feeling intoxicated. The scent was a strong smell found somewhere like Victoria secret or Chanel but it had a hint of sweetness to it like a rose.

For a minute my eyes tore from the piercing gaze of hers and settled on her lips that were coated in bright red lipstick that popped against her dark skin.

Her lips were both plump and inviting forming the perfect shape of a heart, it left my mind wondering if they were just as soft as they looked.

To say she was beautiful was an understatement, seeing her from afar on that day, I knew she was beautiful but now holding her so close to me she was almost breathtaking. She sent my heart racing like I was running a marathon and my mind swarming like a hive of bees. Just her stare alone sent a sensation around my body that I've never felt before. It was like a warmness that surrounded my whole body almost like a high that I didn't want to come down from.

But reality was bitter sweet and always left a cold taste in your warmest moments.

She pulled away from my grasp leaving a cold sensation in her absence and bringing me down from my high. My face evidently shifted into one of hurt longing for her warmth and that sensation that once filled me to return.

But then a image of maya popped back into my mind snapping me out of daze and replacing it with the instant feeling of regret and guilt. I shook my head Like I was trying to bring myself back to my senses and to also remind myself that this was wrong and that I didn't want anyone but maya. The guilt was eating me apart trying to process my drunken thoughts about another woman that wasn't maya.

At the mention of another woman my eyes widened completely forgetting about the woman I nearly knocked off her feet by my own clumsiness. I instantly snapped out of my thoughts and went to her side, I started off asking if she was okay before, I went on trying to explain myself in the best way my drunken self could which was in nothing but slurs and incoherent English.

It's surprising what a few drinks could do to a person

After a minute of trying to explain myself while sounding like a drunken Scooby-doo with her looking at me clearly confused as to what I was saying I finally gave up. I sighed heavily and face palmed myself as I felt my cheeks start to heat up in embarrassment.

Of all the embarrassing things I've done this had to be the most embarrassing. I had completely freaked up and in front of a beautiful woman none the less. So to make this situation a lot less awkward for me I quickly apologized.

"I'm so sorry i didn't mean to hurt you or anything I-If you would like I can buy you a drink to make up for it" I Offered nervously running my hand through my hair as my stomach twisted into knots like a pit was beginning to form there.

At first she only stared back at me with her mocha brown eyes that held no emotion along with her face making my palms sweat and my heart to beat even faster. I felt like a little boy waiting to get ridiculed by an adult no one's ever had this affect on me not even my mother and she's terrifying.