Chp 25: Heart to Heart

Third P.O.V

Patience couldn't react as she was practically dragged through the crowd and out the door all while that same girl kept calling Logan's before her voice, along with her figure, was swallowed up in the crowd.

He dragged her until they were outside and back by the car. Logan eyes darted around the crowded parking lot, looking to see if she had followed them. Thoughts jetted around his head as his heart beat against his ribcage furiously. It wasn't until patience called his name getting his attention that brought him back to reality.

He immediately looked down at her a look of confusion on his face until she looked down at their interlocked hands, making logan follow suit. He looked back at her, the same confused look on his face, until realization hit him, making him immediately let go of patience's hand like it was suddenly on fire.

"Is there something I need to know because you just dragged me from the mall all the way out here?" Patience questioned her tone stern with her brows furrowed awaiting an answer.

"No.... I-I'm sorry, I'm just ready to go." He sighed, running a hand through his hair a sign he was clearly stressed. Patience still confused, looked up, and down Logan's stressed form before she brushed if off with a sigh and unlocked the doors to the car.

On the way home, they both sat in a tense silence with the music playing in the background. Logan sat deep in thought while he stared intensely out the window. Patience shot quick glances in his direction, her mind swimming with questions.

By the time they had arrived back at the mansion, the sun had already dipped behind the mountains. They both began to exit the vehicle, not even a mumble between the two. Patience took a look at the clothes piled in the back of the car and just waved them off, not in the mood. She made a mental note to get somebody to grab them for her before she headed up the steps that led to the front door.

As soon as they entered, Logan immediately thanked her for everything in a cold tone that sent shivers down her spine and a dark look in his eyes that made her brows furrow even more. He didn't wait for her to answer before walking away to the room he was residing in. Patience watched as his muscular figure retreated away from her until she could no longer see him before she retreated to her own all while her thoughts ran rampant.

Who was that woman ?

Why was he running from her?

Did he do something illegal?

What if he's a part of some sort of mafia?

What the hell have I gotten myself into?

She sighed aloud, running a hand through her hair. This was the exact reason I stopped helping people. It always seemed to find a way backfire in my face. Now I don't know if I should let him stay because the last thing I want to get caught up in,is some mafia type business and I get kidnapped and magically saved by the guy who was just suppose to be my janitor, but surprise he's some sort of mafia leader.

She thought to herself, rolling her eyes before checking the time on her phone that read 9:30. To put her mind somewhere else She decided to focus on starting on some unfinished projects. patience stripped from her current clothes and changed into a pair of burgundy velvet shorts that hugged her thighs and a simple black crop top under a robe, She tightened in the front with a pair of matching slippers.

She grabbed her laptop and a binder containing all her important documents pertaining to Miller corp and a bottle of wine before heading towards the second floor. She entered a light brown room that smelled of vanilla bean as soon as you entered. The walls were heavily lined with book shelves filled with books and exotic pictures of Africa. The floor was marble with a fuzzy white carpet lyed in front of a velvet white Victorian couch with gold railings, that matched the color of the glass table and perfectly aligned with the large flat screen Tv posted up on the wall.