Chp 40: True intentions.

Don't forget to comment and let me know your thoughts. I love you guys input. 😂❤️

Logan P.O.V (Patience outfit above)

The front door was pulled open and I walked out first and patience followed close behind. She stood at the entrance of the door with her arms crossed against her chest. The wind blew lightly bringing with it a gush of cool air that made her shiver and pull her robe closer.

Once the cold finally passed I sighed in relief. "Feels like the weather is changing faster than I thought" I said jamming my fists in my pockets to bring my frozen hands warmth. Patience took a deep breath in then exhaling blowing a puff of smoke brought on by the cold air.

"Yeah it's gonna be winter before we know it" she replied with a shrug."Are you sure you don't want to stay for tonight it's a long way back" she voiced her concern.

"Nah I'll be fine. Loki gets separation anxiety if I'm gone to long "

"I enjoyed having you here. It made sitting in my bed doing nothing somewhat bearable. Thank god I'm well enough to go to work tomorrow" she said it likes she was imprisoned at home.

I arched a brow "are you sure? you don't want to overwork yourself"

"Your a few years to late for that. Should've stopped me before I became a C.E.O" She rolled her eyes before looking back to me with her sharp gaze.

"So I'll see you tomorrow Mr. Davis" She said. "Or not considering you work night shifts."

"Actually tomorrow is one of the few times I have to work a morning shift so you'll see plenty of my handsome face " I flashed her a overdramatic smile and pose earning a chuckle and an eye roll in reply.

I laughed at myself but my smile quickly turned into a cringe as the words I said the other night flashed across my mind like a flash bang. Patience took notice of my sudden change in expression and asked "everything okay?" She questioned. "Uh yeah... that thing I said the other night I want to apologize if...you...know I possibly creeped you out" I hesitated to say as I felt my face heat up. I waited for patience to reel insults in my direction or react In pure disgust. what I didn't expect was for her to completely pretend like it didn't happen at all. "What thing" patience replied batting her eyelashes and tilting her "You know... that thing I said about using me..." I replied slowly hoping to jog her memory. "Mhmm No I don't remember" she repeated back sarcasm clear in her tone. I looked on in confusion. I didn't know if she was messing with me or just didn't know but I decided to drop it instead.

"It's nothing um.. I should go before it gets late" I motioned towards my car "have a good night patience"

"You too Logan" she flashed a smile with a glint in her eye.I turned on my heel and descended down the stairs to where my car was parked. I pulled off towards home. My mind was conflicted and for some reason I felt my heart sting at her words. I know I had no right to feel this way but it still hurt knowing she would treat it like it never happened at all.

~Next Morning~

Either I don't remember the morning shift being so busy or patience really was back because the every day rush of the building felt even busier than usual. Every manager and shift leader were on their toes. Critiquing their employees while rushing to finish their own work. Even Mr.mage was grumpier than usual. He held a meeting to fuss at us for a full minute about dress code something he's never been so strict about until today.But he had reason the moment Patience walked in the door. The atmosphere in the building changed. Employees that I normally see just goofing around were actually running to complete tasks. And each floor I entered was bustling as patience along with Penelope and two other assistants toured each floor. Amongst the tense atmosphere her gaze caught mine as I was mopping making me stop and flash her a smile and she returned the favor before her eyes shot back forward.