Chp 34: Tell me your secrets

Patience P.O.V. (Patience's outfit above)

I looked over the address once again to make sure I didn't make any mistakes, but there was none. This is where he wanted us to meet. I wasn't picky, nor was I boujie, but meeting in a park wasn't my definition of hanging out, especially in this weather I could smell the slight hint of water signifying that it was sure to rain. I sighed before turning to face the cold stares of the young mothers who shot me shady glances not only because the color of my skin but the outfit I wore that exposed a bit of my belly portion.

I ignored their excessive stares and shot a quick text to logan to let him know I was here. While I patiently waited, I closed my eyes and soaked in the bright rays of the sun that made my skin glow while I listened to the chatter and laughter of the children that played on the playground nearby.
My mind quickly strayed from the background noise and instead began to question my decision on coming here. I was doing something so innocent, and yet it still felt so wrong after everything that's happened so far. I was going against my own morals and standards. A consquence that could always end badly if I didn't play my cards right. I don't know why I considered to take such a big risk like this anyway but Logan's words were the only thing that kept reminding me.

~Flashback~

I snuck out from among the noisy crowd and escaped into the quiet night air that lightly nipped at my skin. I knew tonight was going to be a bit much on me due to it being so close to Jacob's death day. I still pushed myself anyway and as consequence my nerves began to falter midway through the party. How pitiful.

I sighed aloud and took a seat at the swing between two trees that faced the water giving me a portrait worthy scenery. I closed my eyes and relished in the peace the night brung with the wind blowing freely through my hair. Upon hearing footsteps, I went on guard, snapping my head in that direction to see Logan freeze in his position. My eyes made contact with his as flurry of emotions crossed my face before it fell vacant with a cold stare as I waited for him to speak. Once Logan finally found the words that had slipped from his lips and hid in his throat. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. I saw you sneak off, and I wanted to make sure you were okay."

My eyes laid dorment on him like a lioness examining her prey as I drank him in. To say he was sexy was an understatement. The way his suit hugged his upper body showing off his biceps through his tuxedo made me tingle and the way he had his hair slicked back did wonders for his jawline. If I wasn't so stubborn and angered with him I would've happily used him for my own pleasures. I turned back to the pond like I was ignoring his words before I reciprocated his words with a response. "I'm fine. Just needed some time away, is all." I sighed and crossed my leg across the other while secretly watching him from over my shoulder for his next move. I saw as his face lit up once I answered him before he quickly covered it and took this as a chance to take a seat next to me.

For a moment we sat in silence and I secretly confided in his warmth and his presence even without the use of his words. Then those words I said the other night to him came drizzling back into my mind making me feel terrible for speaking them at all. I waited for a moment in silence as I put my pride on the back burner to apologize. once I felt the silence was to much for me I spoke up. "Logan, I want to apologize for what I said. I never meant to let my anger take over my choice of words. If I could go back to that night I found you, I wouldn't hesitate to help you all over again. " I ensured my words laced with regret.

"You don't have to. you had every right to be mad. After everything You've done for me that day must've felt like a kick to the chest. But I hope you know I would never do anything to hurt you or Miller corp" Logan said whole heartly with a look in his eyes that showed how genuine he was. I shook my head in understanding before I mouthed the words 'I know' finally putting his mind at ease. "Oh, thank god, I miss talking to you," Logan sighed aloud throwing his head back with his eyes closed. I arched a brow out of curiosity" why".