Chp 22: Private Chef

Patience P.O.V

"The wound on his side aren't bad. It looks like he was cut by a knife or something, but that will completely heal in, I say, a month in a half, give or take,"

"Okay, is there anything else I need to know about?"

"Only to keep his bandages changed and make sure he eats and drinks plenty of water other than that he's set." I thanked the doctor with a bow before she was shown the way out.

I sighed and checked my watch that read 8:00. I had 2 more hours till I had to work might as well start getting ready.

I started up the stairs and to my room. I ran the shower so it could warm and played some music to set the mood before I stripped myself of my garments and wrapped a towel around my body.

While the shower warmed, I went over in my mind of what I had planned today it helped me determine what type of fit would be presentable for that day. I walked to my closet and threw the doors before standing back and observing the wide variety of clothes I had to choose from. I flipped through my wardrobe while only picking ones out that caught my attention. After a few minutes of browsing, I narrowed my pick down to a royal blue body dress or a light brown shirt and jeans.

I hung them both up on my door as I looked back and forth between the two outfits. I tapped a finger on my chin, deeply powdering over my choice. At the sound of a sweet meow from one of my cat's, I turned to see champagne, come waltzing into the room before he jumped onto the dresser to the side of me and take a seat.

At seeing his chunky figure, a small smile broke out across my face. "Which one do you think I should choose?" I asked, rubbing behind his ear.

I only got a soft meow back in reply as he briefly stared up at the clothes before staring back at me. "Mmm Yeah, you're right the brown one is way cuter." Once again, I got another meow in reply before he jumped down from the dresser and ran off.

I placed the outfit on my bed and then made my way towards the bathroom. Once I felt the water was at the temperature of my approval, I tied up my hair before hopping into the shower. As soon as the hot water hit my back, I threw my head back and let out a long sigh, feeling the effects of sleep run off my body like rain. I took a minute, just scrubbing myself clean. After I was done, I moisturized my body, and then I got myself dress and finished up with doing my makeup.

Once again, I checked the time, and it read 9:30. I grabbed some documents I needed and my purse before heading downstairs towards the kitchen where Champagne was already waiting patiently by his bowl.

He meowed loudly, moving the bowl lightly with his paw as he looked at me, letting me know he was starving . "Alright, I hear you give mommy a second baby." I rolled my eyes at his demanding tone, making him meow back louder in reply. He was the only non-person I would let boss me around.

I reached under the cabinet where I kept my cat supplies and pulled out a can of wet food to pour into his bowl. I was barely able to get all the food into his bowl before he began devouring the little food that manged to get there.

"This is why the doctor said you're on a diet." I shook my head at his greedy figure devouring the bowl of food. Well, that and the fact that I couldn't help but feed him when he looked the slightest bit hungry.

I opened another can of wet food this time for Chanel before pouring it into her bowl. "Chanel foods readyy," I called out to my other cat. I waited for a second to hear her claws tapping against the floor as she ran to come to eat. Once I didn't hear anything, I called for her again, but still no answer, not even a meow.

My brows furrowed in worry. I looked around a few areas I knew she loved to hang out in, and when I didn't see her there, my heart started to race thinking the worse. I speed walked up the stairs while calling her name. I checked outside and opened doors to rooms, hoping she would run out to the sound of my voice.