Chapter 69: Comic relief

SEBASTIAN

"Teka lang bro, I don't get what you're saying. Paki ulit?" I rolled my eyes at Andy.

"You fought your dad cause of a girl-"

"She's not just a girl, Hiro." I cut him off before drinking the last bit of beer in the bottle. He nodded.

"You broke your face because of... Allison?" He repeated, Confused. Ako naman ang tumango.

"Wait nga, Si Allison is the girl you were with in those photos circulating the internet diba?" Andy asked. Again, I nodded. Him and Hiro stared at each other, Both their eyebrows knitted.

"So you're telling me, You were so down bad with this girl na inaway mo si tito?"

"I'm not down bad, I'm in love with her." I said, Annoyed.

"In love? With that-" I shot a glare at Andy.

"With Allison Monteverde?"

"Paulit ulit?"

"I'm just making sure na naiintindihan mo yang sinasabi mo, Bro. Cause this Allison chic?"

"Is no good." I shook my head before pouring grabbing another bottle.

"We barely know her, dude. How long have you even known her?"

"About the whole school year. Eh, We're graduating in a month." Tumango si Andy while Hiro shrugged.0

"That's fair enough. But still, How come you have never told anyone about her? Baka naman imagination mo lang yan, Bro-"

"I didn't ask for your opinion about her, Nagkekwento ko but I wasn't asking."

"Pause, pare. How did you even tell na you love her ba?" Tanong ni Hiro. I shrugged my shoulders.

"Why her? You're Sebastian Castel, You can get any woman in the world if you wanted to. Bakit her?" Tanong ni Hiro. I lit a cigarette and inhaled the smoke before answering.

"You won't understand."

"Anong we won't understand?"

"You won't kasi even I don't understand."

"Did you just wake up one day and decided na mahal mo siya?" Sinamaan ko ng tingin si Hiro.

"Tangina naman, Of course I didn't. If I had a choice, You think Ill chose her? She's Axe's ex girl friend for god's sake!" In exclaimed, still annoyed that they're acting like I'm a child who doesn't understand feelings.

"She's kind and smart. She sees the world in a different perspective,"

"Don't even get me started at how dedicated she is..." My eyes dropped down to the floor, Still guilty at the betrayal. I looked up again and shook my head.

"Pero that's not it, Pare. Hindi ko alam why her. Of all people, Her. I can't figure it out,"

"How did you know ba?" Andy stared at me with a drink in his hand. I looked at Hiro, then back to Andy, Pouting my lips as I squeezd my brain trying to look back at the moments I had with Allison.

Now, Remembering said moments made my heart feel like it's about to explode. I didn't know that fast pace beating could be a good feeling and not rendered with anxiety.

"Hindi ko alam. It wasn't like I had an all of a sudden realization-"

"Well, I did. Pero I've always cared for her. I genuinely felt safe with her. I trusted her,"

"Pero that night we kissed. Bro, I wasn't sober but I wasn't stupid either. I knew what I was doing and I liked it. I can't stop thinking about it until now." I breathed in before letting smoke gently seep through my lips.

"There's this aching feeling in my guy na parang I always need to protect her even if she doesn't really need me to. I can't explain it," as if on cue, Their eyebrows raised on the same second.

"Allison makes me happy. Really happy,"

"And I care for her. I love her, man." Nagkatinginan ang dalawa. Now it was my turn to raise an eyebrow when they grinned.

"Bingo!" Hiro happily pointed a finger at me before jokingly hitting Andy in the arm. My eyebrows met.

"What?" I asked, Confused.

"Remember when you were telling us about Mae. Reasons why you 'like' her?" I nodded, Still confused. Hiro's drink fell to the ground from his excitement. 

"Sinabi namin sayo, na we can point out at least twenty women in the party na match sa reason mo kung bakit mo gusto si Mae, Bro." Andy continued. Hiro who's beside him, Then pulled out his finger and started counting.

"First! Maganda," Andy exclaimed.

"Oh, she's a model!" Hiro mocked me, Resulting in me rolling my eyes.

"Second, She's matalino," while Hiro kept count, Andy pulled out a cigarette and started lighting it.

"And lastly, 'She's so perfect'," Hiro continued to mock me.

"Cut it out, Your point is?" I asked, Genuinely curious as to what they're trying to say.

"Pare, Girls like Mae, You can find that anywhere. You can find maganda, matalino and so called perfect anywhere,"

"Pero a woman that make you feel safe and trusted, a woman that you would let your dad beat you up for," Andy laid back.

"Ayon ang you won't find kung saan saan lang, Bro." Hiro continued, Pointing his cup up the air. I stayed quiet. These two might be drunk out of their stupid minds pero tama naman sila.

I clicked my phone open to see the screen flashing '1:18 A.M.'

I sighed before turning my phone off, Actively ignoring the multiple missed calls from my mom.

"Hand me another bottle,"