Chapter20

Inner hummed happily as she made her way home, the sweet but savory taste of dango still present in her mouth. Shisui had offered to walk her home but she had declined, saying that she didn't want to trouble him. Of course, Shisui being Shisui, he kept insisting but Inner managed to shut him up. We shall not speak of how but to satisfy your curiosity she.. demonstrated just how capable she was with a well-timed kick that left him lying in pain.

'Should I stop to get some food?' The pinkette thought for a moment before shrugging and changing paths. Now, instead of the path home she was taking the one towards a shop that sold some of the most delicious mochi in the village.

'Inner! You better not waste our money!' Came the voice of Outer Sakura.

'Of course not Saku, cha!'

'Hmph!'

'What's got you so riled up anyway Outer?' Inner asked curiously as she walked round a corner.

'Hm..' Inner Sakura frowned slightly at the lack of response from her other half. She knew that they were both affected by the bullying but Outer usually just sat silently and either ignored them or just listened to them whilst she preferred to retaliate. She puffed out her cheeks, she hated bullies.

Huffing, the girl moved swiftly through a crowd of people, making her way to the front of the group easily. She opened the door to one of her favourite shops in all of Konohagakure and headed straight to where the shop's owner was sitting behind the register.

"Oh, hello Sakura-chan! What can I do for you today?" The woman said as she smiled down at her. Inner grinned back, she had always loved the woman. I mean, who wouldn't love such a pure soul? 

The woman's light blue hair had a few strands of grey striped through it. Her hair reached her shoulders and the majority of it was left down with a handful tied up in a small ponytail. Her fringe was brushed around her forehead and occasionally the woman would have to clip it back to prevent the strands of hair from flying into her light periwinkle coloured eyes. The woman was wearing a blue, long sleeved dress that reached halfway down her shins. Her peach coloured skin was glowing in the light that crept through the big windows of the shop.

Inner went through the profile she had made for the woman in her and Outer's mind.

'Name: Azumi Ejiri

Age: 48

Staus: Alive, civilian

Family: Arata Ejiri (Deceased), Takumi Ejiri (Deceased), Koharu Ejiri.

Job: Owner of Cotton tails Shop

Extra Info: Azumi's husband and son both died in the Third shinobi war, leaving Azumi and her daughter to grieve alone. Azumi makes some of the best dango ever and is very kind.'

Sakura had met Azumi back when her parents were still alive. The woman had come to buy something from the stall her parents had set up one summer and both Inner and Outer Sakura took an immediate liking to her. At this time Inner was still known as 'The Voice' to Outer Sakura so Inner hadn't been able meet the woman face to face but since Inner had learnt how to take control she took full advantage of the woman's talent in cooking.

'You just like her because she sneaks you extra mochi.' Outer Sakura huffed. Inner shushed her before replying to Azumi.

"Hello Azumi-obaasan! Cha!" The woman chuckled at the little girl's antics.

"You seem quite energetic today Sakura-chan." The woman gave the pinkette another closed eyed smile. "Have you come here for some dango again?" Azumi had an amused glint in her eyes.

Sakura Haruno (Child Prodigy)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara