Chapter4

Sakura was nearly five when she first went to the library. She was walking with her mum around the village. They were on their way to the market to buy some groceries and were about to go around a corner when the voice in Sakura's head spoke up.

'Hey, why don't we go into the library? We've already read all the books at home like ten times. The library is full of books and information! We'll learn so much! Cha!'

'I really need to get this voice checked out.' Sakura thought.

'Just ask if we can go to the library!'

Sakura sighed, "Mama, can I go to the library?" she couldn't believe she was listening to the voice.

Mebuki turned to her daughter, a questioning look on her face "Why do you need to go to the library? We have plenty of books at home."

"I know mama but I've already read all of those," The petal-haired girl said.

Mebuki sighed, "Alright Saku-chan, I'll drop you off there, the librarian should be there and can watch over you. Then I can pick you up later. How long do you need?"

"Erm...." Sakura hesitated, how long would it take to read every book in the library?

'A million years? Just ask for a few hours we're responsible enough to be left alone and not wander off.'

"Can I have a few hours?" she asked. Her mother looked hesitant and thought it over for a few moments before sighing.

"Alright blossom, let's go," her mother agreed and they started walking towards the library.

When they got to the library Mebuki gave Sakura a hug before watching her daughter enter the building.

Sakura was greeted by the sight of what seemed like an endless supply of books and scrolls placed on bookshelves that were arranged in rows. The girl's eyes seemed to sparkle as they absorbed the heavenly sight before her. She was so enthralled by the amount of information and potential knowledge displayed in front of her that she hadn't noticed the presence behind her.

"Hello there, are you lost little one?" a voice from behind her spoke. Sakura jumped in surprise and quickly turned around, slightly embarrassed for not noticing the person approach her.

'Cha! How dare this lady sneak up on us!' The voice spoke up. Sakura ignored the voice and instead turned her attention to the lady in front of her. The woman had sky-blue hair that went down to her waist and forest-green eyes. Her porcelain skin had a shine to it that only highlighted her beauty. She also had a daisy tucked behind her ear. She smiled kindly down at the petal-haired girl and Sakura couldn't help but notice how stunning her smile was.

"Are you alright sweetie?" The pretty lady asked.

"Uh, yes ma'am. Are you by any chance the librarian?" Sakura asked with a curious tilt of her head.

"Yes, are you lost, do you need help finding your parents?"

"Erm, actually ma'am I came here to read, my mama dropped me off."

"Really? But aren't you too young to be left alone?" Her green eyes looked into Sakura's emerald ones with concern.

'Too young? Too young! How dare she!' The voice shouted in outrage, 'We are four! Four! Nearly five!'

Sakura tried her best to ignore the voice and simply said, "I may not be as old as you but I still have the right to read."

The lady looked at her in what could only be described as total and utter shock, though Sakura had no idea why.