Chapter27

"Oh." Sakura could safely say that she had never felt more humiliated, dumb and embarrassed as she did at this moment. She had almost called the head of the Yamanaka clan 'Yamanaka-san'.

She felt her cheeks heat up and she glanced up at the three men, unsure as to what she should say.

"I am so sorry for not recognising you all earlier! I-I didn't get much sleep last night and I haven't been in too good of a mood today because m-"

Inoichi interupted her nervous rambling with a kind yet amused smile on his face. "Don't fret over it young one. I'm surprised you even know who we are."

Sakura gasped before nodding her head. "Of course I know who you are! I've read all about different clans in books from the library and- well there wasn't really that much information in them but I understand that since it is important for clans to keep their secrets to themselves." She paused to catch her breath before continuing, this time more calmly. "The books did say that the Yamanaka specialise in mind related techniques. If I remember correctly, Yamanakas are experts in intelligence gathering, espionage and interrogation amongst other things. I suppose it's because of the mind techniques.. to be able to attack the mind means you have to understand it. You need to know how it works.." Her brows pulled together slightly as her voice grew more and more quiet.

The three men looked at her curiously as they listened to her talk. They were quite surprised that a child, especially one so young, could understand so much.

"I'm guessing that before they start practicing their clan's techniques and stuff, whoever is teaching them has to make sure they're mature enough and understand the human brain... Now that I think about it  they probably have to understand how all brains work.. not just humans.. it would be extremely useful if they could take over a summons' body and report to that animal's master and gain information on their target. Their target would probably be the master of the animal who's body they overtook but still.." The words were escaping her small mouth at this point and her eyes were glazed over as if she wasn't truly where her physical body was.

"You ok?" Choza asked the small girl, placing a hand on her head. She tensed before looking into the Akimichi's kind eyes. She forced the muscles in her body to relax and blinked nervously as she turned her gaze to the Yamanaka.

"S-sorry about that.. I sometimes get a bit carried away.." The young girl scratched the back of her neck whilst looking off to the side sheepishly.

"Don't worry, I'm just surprised you know so much about my clan.. maybe our secrets have been leaked." Inoichi was joking but it took a moment for Sakura to realise this and she smiled shyly at him.

"You should probably turn around, your food should be here soon.." The Nara yawned. Emerald green eyes widened slightly and Sakura bowed her head to the three clan heads before turning back around in her seat.

Her food arrived and the three men left whilst she was enjoying her meal. It was surprising but Inner didn't wake up even when she was eating. She guessed her other half was either having a lazy day or was just particularly exhausted.  

Sighing, the little pinkette stood up from her seat. She left the money for her meal on her table and exited the restaurant. Sakura still had a while until she needed to get ready for her dinner with the Uchihas so she decided to go to her clearing and spend some time training.

She started off by meditating, focusing on moving her chakra around her body. It took her a few moments to get a hold on her chakra but she managed to in the end. She memorised the way her chakra flowed, familiarising herself with how it felt. Eventually she ended her meditation and summoned healing chakra into her hands.