Chapter10

The pink haired child had recently found a river that was near her clearing. The girl sat down at the riverbank and searched the water for fish, she had set up a trap to her left in order of catching the fish. She had read up on the fish anatomy and had spent ages memorising everything, she would feel awful if the creature died because of her, then again she supposed it was part of life.. or death?

The girl sighed wistfully before being dragged out of her thoughts by Inner's shout of : 'There!' Without hesitating the child threw one of her kunai to the right of the fish causing the creature to startle into swimming into her trap. 'Cha! This is great throwing practise!' Silently, Sakura agreed with Inner. They hadn't done much practise with weapons yet but they had managed to sort their stance and grip out.

The four year old walked over to the fish, ignoring how the water got her clothes wet. She disabled the trap and quickly picked up the wriggling fish before it had a chance to escape. She went over to a nearby tree stump and placed the fish down on it before summoning her healing chakra.

'We'll start with keeping the fish alive out of water.'

'Cha! Focus Outer, focus!'

Sakura hovered her glowing hands over the fish and closed her eyes in concentration. She focused on supporting the gill filaments with her chakra. Gill filaments needed to be supported by water since out of water they collapse on each other. Another thing she had to support was the gill arches, if the gill arches of a fish collapse the blood vessels are no longer exposed to the air. Fish need small amounts of oxygen to breathe so Sakura tried to somehow increase the amount of oxygen the fish could take in. In all honesty Sakura had no idea what she was doing, the girl was simply doing what felt right. She suspected it was somehow working though since the fish hadn't stopped moving. As sweat started to bead on her forehead the four year old stopped the flow of her chakra, which as a result caused all her work to undo, and hastily placed the fish back into the river.

'We did it! Cha!' Inner cheered. Sakura flinched as her ears started to ring.

'Why must you be so loud?' I heard Inner blow a raspberry at me. 'Real mature Inner, real mature.'

'We're four years old, most kids our age barely know how to go to the toilet on their own. Cha!'

Sakura didn't respond, instead she packed up and made her way to her clearing. Once she got there she walked up the tree and stood on the underside of the lowest branch (which was about as high up as two of her stood on top of each other).

Inner was timing how long Sakura could stay glued to the branch, her best time being five minutes and forty three seconds. Sakura began to feel a bead of sweat run up.. down? Her face.

'Keep going Outer! Cha!' Inner cheered, 'The more we train the faster we become strong!'

The petal haired girl lasted six minutes before she released her chakra and flipped so she landed safely on the ground. The four year old panted as she tried to come over the feeling of all her blood rushing to her head.  

'I really need to figure out a way to prevent that from happening.'

'Cha! We did it! Shannaro! A new record!' 

'Shannaro? That's a new one..'

'Cha!'

After a while Sakura sat down and meditated, entering her mindscape she spent hours talking to Inner. When the four year old opened her emerald eyes she sighed as she noticed that the sun was already  setting. 

'Aww we didn't get to eat any lunch..' Sakura groaned.

'Just get home and cook us a delicious meal, then we can have a shower and go to bed or whatever. Cha!'

'Ok,' Sakura stood up and started on her journey home, discussing what she should make for dinner with Inner.

That night Sakura went to bed with a tummy full of teriyaki chicken and rice. 

'OUTER! WAKE UP!' This was the first thing Sakura heard the next morning.

'What is it?'

'Someone's at the door! Cha!'

'What? Did mama and papa come home early?'

'I don't think so. There's only one chakra signal and it seems like it belongs to a shinobi. Cha!' Sakura groaned when she heard a knock at the front door. The petal haired girl got out of her bed and rushed down the stairs before opening the door.

It was safe to say that the woman in front of her probably didn't expect a four year old pink haired-green eyed girl wearing a maroon coloured nightie to open the door.

'Inner?'

'Her name is Miyu Kaneko, she is a chunin ranked ninja and is twenty four years old. She is skilled in genjutsu and taijutsu, she also appears to be able to wield a katana.'

'Interesting, I wonder why she's here?' The petal haired girl received no response and so she instead turned her attention to the navy haired woman standing on her doorstep.

"Can I help you ma'am?"

The woman seemed to come out of whatever trance she had been in before and looked down at Sakura with an unreadable expression.

"Are you Sakura Haruno?" She asked with the same tone that adults use when they're trying to explain something to a child without making them burst into to tears. The four year old's emerald orbs narrowed in suspicion, what was going on?

"Yes, who might you be?" Simple and sweet, Inner would have told her if this woman was trouble but Sakura knew that you should never be too careful.

"My name is Miyu Kaneko," The woman took a deep breathe as if she was having trouble talking, "I am a chunin and am from the squad that escorted your parents to wave." The little girl knew what the woman was going to say next even before she opened her mouth. "I'm afraid that your parents were killed."

They describe in books how a child feels when they receive the news that their parents were gone and wouldn't ever come back, but that doesn't describe the true pain that bloomed in Sakura's heart as those words left the woman's mouth. There were no words to explain how the world around her came crashing down. It was like time had stopped as if to give her time to fully process those words. As if the world thought that it was doing her a favour by letting her soak in the news that she would receive no warm hugs or loving smiles and kisses from her mother, no more cheesy jokes and funny laughs from her father. She felt..... numb.

A/N: I'm not a pro at medical stuff and I haven't actually finished the whole of Naruto yet I just know a lot of spoilers and everything that happens (to a degree) I've also read a lot of fanfics, so if I get anything wrong feel free to correct me just please do it kindly.

I nearly cried whilst writing the ending, poor Sakura. Anyway now the story is going to start getting a bit more interesting.. I hope I'm not mean for killing off Sakura's parents- that sounded really bad.....

Hope you enjoyed!

Please comment!