Side Story 2/3

"Stupid trolls and their- their- their troll-ness!" Cho Amamiya muttered under her breath. She wasn't sure how it had happened but she had somehow managed to get knocked out and had woken up only to discover that she was being held hostage by trolls of all creatures!

She wasn't sure if it was to do with the concussion but she was struggling to recall exactly what had happened. She groaned as she rubbed the back of her head, wincing slightly at the pain the action induced. She didn't know where she was but she assumed that she was in some kind of prison. 

It was dark and the floor along with the walls were made up of hardened dirt. Steel bars lined the front of her cell but didn't help much with the lack of light. It also didn't help her visualise where she was because the view she had of the world outside her prison wasn't much of a view. All she could see was a wall that was made up of the same material that made up the majority of her cell. The only source of light she had was a powder blue-coloured crystal that was embedded in the hardened dirt wall outside her cage, above the iron bars.

The low rumble of voices alerted her to two approaching presences. She narrowed her ruby eyes as the two figures stopped in front of the bars of her cell. Her nose scrunched up at the stench that wafted over to her.

"Heh, what do we 'ave 'ere?" The short, pudgy one said, letting out a low laugh.

"Looks like a human to me." The taller, thinner one chimed in.

"A human ey? Ha! How puny!"

"Tch." Cho scowled at the two. "If you trolls are only here to mock me then you might as well leave, you're smelling up my cell."

"Oh? What's this? The pathetic human can talk? Kaede, are ya hearin' this?" The short one looked up at the troll next to him.

"Who would have thought! I always thought that humans' minds were too tiny to be able to comprehend words!"

"If anyone here is dumb it's you guys, I mean, who would reveal their ally's name in front of an enemy?" Cho looked off to the side, bored. "Guess trolls really are as empty-headed as people say. How disappointing.."

She could tell that her words were getting to them for the short one had curled his hands into fists, puffing out his cheeks angrily as his eyebrows furrowed, his silver eyes glaring heatedly at her.

"Oh yeah? Well, who's the one locked up in a cage then huh?" The pudgy one yelled, spit flying from his mouth.

Cho rolled her red eyes, leaning back against the back wall of her cell.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Just leave so I can get some sleep, you're giving me a headache." She closed her eyes, listening out for their footsteps.

Her cage was incredibly uncomfortable and her neck hurt from the odd position it had been in when she was unconscious. She wasn't even sure how long she had been unconscious for but she guessed it had been at least a few hours.

'Being in such a dark place is really messing with my internal clock.' Her memory loss was also not helping and the female reminded herself that the only reason she had memory loss was because of the concussion she had suffered.

When no footsteps met her ears she opened a red eye and stared in boredom at the short, stubby troll. The creature was shaking in what she presumed was anger and Cho felt like laughing when she realised the armour the troll was wearing was trembling too. It really did make quite the comedic sight.

"I'm givin' you a headache? You're givin' me a headache with that shrill voice of yours!"

The green-haired woman snorted, her gaze turning amused. Who would have thought that trolls were so easy to instigate? She rather enjoyed winding them up.