Chapter11

Swallowing thickly she asked, "How did they die?"

The chunin looked at her in sympathy before saying, "All I know is that when we were on our way back we were attacked. I was knocked out almost immediately and my teammates have been hospitalised." Sakura sniffed as she listened to the woman. Then her words prosessed and Sakura was hit with a pang of rage.

"You mean to tell me that you did nothing?" She glared heatedly at the woman who looked down at her feet in shame.

"I-I.."

"You did nothing.. Whilst they suffered and died!" The woman's eyes widened as she felt the four year old's killing intent.

'S-so strong..' She felt like she was being suffocated, she couldn't breathe! She was going to die! What was she even doing here? The killing intent rolling of the girl disappeared as she burst into tears.

"J-just go! Go already!" She shouted as she fell to her knees. "Just leave me already!" The woman rushed off, afraid for her life. The pink haired girl calmed down before she stood up and shut the door.

'Inner?'

After a moment of silence her Inner answered, 'Mhm?'

'A-are.. are mama and papa really gone?'

'.. I'm afraid that she wasn't lying.....' 

'Oh..' A moment of silence passed between them. 'Do you think that we will ever be able to see them again?'

'Outer.. you know.....'

'Yeah, don't worry.'

She spent the rest of the day moping about, feeling empty.

The next day there was a knock on her door. She slowly walked to the door and opened it, squinting as the sunlight evaded her senses. Once her eyes had adjusted to the light she looked at the person who had knocked on the door. Her emerald eyes widened when she saw who it was.

"Hokage-sama!" She gasped.

'He must think we're a mess! Cha!' Sakura blushed as she started to feel very self-conscious. Inner was right, she was still in her maroon nightie and her hair was a mess. There were bags under her eyes and her face felt sticky with tears.

'Mama would be ashamed!' She gasped.

The Hokage smiled kindly down at her.

"Hello there Sakura-chan."

"I'm sorry Hokage-sama! Please come in!" The hokage came in and Sakura escorted him into the living room where he sat down. "Please excuse me, I'll go get dressed!" She hurried off out of the living room and up the stairs.

She entered her room and looked through her clothes, picking out a dark red dress that had a cherry blossom pattern along the bottom. Her mother had bought her it for her for her birthday, she smiled sadly before she shook her head and got dressed. She brushed her hair, tying it into bunches. Ideally she would of liked to of had a shower but the Hokage was literally in her home, she couldn't keep him waiting!

The pink haired child rushed back down the stairs and hurriedly walked into the living room.

"Sorry to keep you waiting Hokage-sama." She said as she sat down opposite him.

"No worries Sakura-chan." He said kindly, "How are you feeling?"

"I'm ok!" She chirped. "Of course I'm sad but I understand that they're gone now. I mean, I'm sad and stuff but I know that they wouldn't want me to be consumed by hatred. They would want me to be happy!" 

Sakura Haruno (Child Prodigy)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें