Chapter2

Sakura was a quiet baby who only cried when she was hungry or needed her nappy changed. Kizashi and Mebuki were merchants and so they spent a lot of their time traveling. When they found out Mebuki was pregnant she had her worries about how they would raise their child if they were constantly traveling; after all, nowhere in the shinobi nations was completely safe. Even if they had settled down in Konoha they only spent a few months a year here. Now that Sakura was born they decided that they would both take some time off for a few months; since they tended to save money up, they had so much they could stop working for a whole year.

Now that they weren't working Mebuki decided to invite some of her friends over to see Sakura whilst Kizashi was out running errands.

"Aww Saku-chan's so kawai!" Yui cooed, her voice light and sweet. She had long brown hair and gorgeous sky-blue eyes. Her skin was fair and her cheeks had a natural flush. She was dressed in a long dark blue qipao dress with a white hem running along the bottom of it.

"She is really small even for a baby, she's also very light. She's practically a living doll." Hideka, who was holding the little baby in her arms said. Hideka had short, dark green hair with honey-brown eyes. She was wearing a green, short-sleeved dress that was a shade darker than her hair.

"The nurse said she was healthy, she's just on the small side," replied Mebuki.

"Well she has beautiful eyes," Yui said as she smiled at the young baby who looked ready to fall asleep.

"I should probably put Sakura down for a nap." Mebuki said as she took Sakura and disappeared up the stairs.

When Mebuki came back downstairs she asked if either of her friends wanted anything to drink. Yui smiled and asked for some tea and Hideka asked for some water.

Both Yui and Hideka were civilians like Mebuki and Kizashi. Yui's husband was a fisherman and was currently out of town. Her and her husband didn't have any children and would most likely be unable to conceive because of an incident that damaged Yui's ovaries when she was young. Hideka's husband had sadly passed away on a mission (he was a shinobi) when she was six months pregnant, now she had twin boys who were three: Kenta and Kin. Kin being older by thirteen minutes. They were currently being babysat by a teenage girl who lived next door to them.

"Here are your drinks!" Mebuki said as she came back into the living room and set down the drinks on the coffee table.

"Arigatou Mebuki-chan!" Yui chimed happily.

"No problem Yui-chan," Mebuki replied as she took a sip of her coffee.

"Y'know you're really lucky. Sakura is so well-behaved compared to Kenta and Kin, those two are little devils!" Hideka exclaimed.

"Hideka! You can't say things like that about your own children!" Yui scolded as said person rolled their eyes.

"Honestly, those two nightmares are going to make me either bald or give me a full head of grey hair before I'm thirty!"

"Aww, they're not that bad," Mebuki said.

"Please, they're both rascals."

"They are not!" Yui argued as she glared at Hideka. Mebuki sighed as her friends argued. They always ended up bickering though it was always playful and never affected their friendship.

Eventually, Yui and Hideka went home and Mebuki went to check on the sleeping Sakura. She smiled fondly as she watched her daughter snore softly.

'My darling blossom, you are too cute.'

~<*.*>~

As the months went by Kizashi and Mebuki got used to parenthood.

"Kizashi!"

"What?" Kizashi asked as he entered the living room, wearing a white apron, mixing bowl and wooden spoon in hand. He looked at his wife who was crouched on the carpet in front of their daughter, her eyes wide.

"S-sakura.. sh-she...." Kizashi was beginning to worry. "She spoke Kizashi." His eyes widened. Sakura was only five months old, how could she be able to speak so soon?

"What?"

"She spoke Kizashi!"

"What!"

"She freaking spoke Kizashi!" Mebuki's temper was starting to appear as she came out of her shock.

"What did she say?" he asked, bewildered.

"Hear for yourself." They both turned to the five-month-old girl who was busy staring off into space.

"Sakura," Mebuki said as she tried to catch the little girl's attention. "Sakura." She tried again when she failed to catch her daughter's attention the first time around.

Sakura, whose hair had started to grow, seemed to snap out of whatever daze she had previously been in. The little pinkette turned her head to stare up at her mother.

"Can you say what you said a second ago?"

"Mebuki she's a baby. She doesn't understand what you're saying." Kizashi calmly told his wife.

Sakura then turned to blink up at him, and as if to prove him wrong said "Mama." Kizashi gawked at his daughter.

Mebuki turned to give him a smug look, "See," she said. Kizashi put the mixing bowl and wooden spoon on the coffee table and kneeled down next to Mebuki.

"Sakura," he started, "did you just talk?" he said looking down into the young girl's innocent eyes. Mebuki sat, smiling proudly next to him.

Sakura simply went back to staring unblinkingly into space. The pink-haired man leaned back as his brain tried to absorb what had just happened. "My daughter just talked." He muttered to himself.

"Yes Kizashi, Sakura just said her first word. More importantly, though, her first word was 'Mama!'" Mebuki cheered triumphantly. Kizashi sat up straight and slowly, almost robotically, turned his head to look at the smiling blonde. Then quickly turned to face his pink-haired daughter, determination gleaming in his eyes.

"Sakura," he said, "can you say 'Papa'?" The young child blinked as she was brought out of her daze and looked back up at her father. Her eyebrows drew together as her lips pursed turning her face into a look of puzzlement.

"Mhm hm." She stuck out her tongue. Kizashi frowned as his wife snorted.

"No Sakura, it's papa, pa-pa." He said slowly.

"Mama!" Sakura exclaimed. Mebuki could no longer hold in her laughter as she burst into a fit of giggles.

"Mebuki! Stop laughing!" He pouted.

"Baa!" Sakura squealed. Her father looked back at her, his gaze softening.

'Thank you Kami for blessing me with such a wonderful family.'

It wasn't long until Sakura took her first steps and both Kizashi and Mebuki were starting to grow anxious.

"Even the Uchiha prodigy didn't start getting noticed as a prodigy until his chakra coils developed early and he'd started training." Kizashi said as he drank a mouthful of his beer. Sakura had been put to bed and her parents had sat down at the kitchen table to discuss Sakura's rather obvious advanced developments.

"Then why is Sakura so different, how can she even be a prodigy when we're civilians?" Mebuki was close to having a breakdown as tears started to cloud her vision.

"Just because there's never been a civilian-born prodigy, doesn't mean they can't exist." He reasoned.

"But Kizashi, I don't want our baby to grow up and become a killer!"

"I know my love, but if our blossom wants to be a shinobi then that's what she will be."

"But-"

"Let's not discuss this now, Sakura is still a baby and has ages until she decides if she wants to be a shinobi or not." Kizashi interrupted his wife.

They both agreed to support Sakura in whatever career she would choose.