Side Story 1/3

Inner wasn't sure if she was having some kind of weird dream or if what she was seeing was some of Sakura's memories. As far as she was aware she was seeing things from her Outer's point of view. In front of her- Sakura- whatever- was the Uchiha boy with hair that resembled a duck's behind. The boy had dragged her- Sakura- them- to his room and had shown them his new toys. Honestly, Inner wasn't all that interested in seeing his toys and waited impatiently for whatever dream she was having to move on. After a while of whatever- Inner had mostly ignored whatever was going on- the two began playing with the Uchiha's toys.

Inner was still unsure whether she was asleep or if she was just getting a run-over of what happened whilst she had been asleep. The whole memory thing was utterly confusing and she couldn't even begin to explain the whole ordeal for it was way too mind-muddling.

Sakura hadn't played with toys all that much when she was younger and the pinkette still hadn't developed an interest in such things. Inner also didn't understand the point of them. She knew that they were used to mainly entertain children but she never really played with them when she was in control of their body. Occasionally Inner Sakura would spawn stuffed animals in their mindscape but all she ever really did with them was cuddle them. She was particularly fond of giant ones. She enjoyed snuggling up to them and falling asleep, her face nuzzled in the fluff of the toy. 

Anyway, she found herself immersed in the land that Outer Sakura and the Uchiha had created. 

"Hokage-sama, I have a report from the squad you sent out to find clues as to who snuck into the file room." Sasuke said, his voice low in an attempt to imitate what he imagined the Anbu action figure he held in his hand sounded like. In his other hand, he held the Hokage (the action figure version of course.) and both toys were facing each other.

"Very good." Sasuke's voice changed slightly as he moved the Hokage. "Please continue."

"There are puddles of water in the file room and the documents that are still there are soaked." 

Slowly the make-believe world came to life in front of Inner's eyes and Sasuke was no longer controlling the action figures.

"Any clues as to who the culprit is?" The Hokage asked as he sat behind his desk.

"Not yet Hokage-sama." The Anbu's face was hidden by his mask and as a result, Sarutobi was unable to see the male's expression.

"Alright, please notify me of any progress." The Anbu bowed before disappearing in a flurry of leaves.

One of the file rooms in the Hokage Tower had been infiltrated and multiple documents had been stolen. It was a mystery as to how it had happened since the room was heavily guarded. 

Whilst several Anbu were trying to find out what had happened, three genin were patiently waiting for their Sensei to arrive. They were meant to be having a training session; however, their Sensei was running late. 

"This is so annoying!" The female member of the team groaned. "Why can't we just leave?"

She was leaning against a tree, slouching as her pink, glossed lips formed a pout.

"C'mon Harumi," Takumi said, a soft smile on his face, "be a little more patient. Sensei should be here soon."

The green haired girl let out another groan, her pout deepening.

"Easy for you to say! Hanae and Yoshiko are going shopping today and I have to miss it because our stupid Sensei made us have a training session today!"

"I wouldn't call him stupid Harumi, he might be listening in on us, he does tend to enjoy doing that after all." Hideo Uchiha spoke for the first time since the conversation had started, getting up from his place on the ground. "Besides, if you want to do something then we can at least spend this time usefully and train."