Chapter31

Sasuke had finished his food and was begging his mother to let him and 'Sakura-chan' play with his super-awesome new-shinobi-action-figures. Mikoto refused despite the pleading looks he gave her.

"No Sasuke-kun. Sakura-chan is still eating, don't be rude and wait patiently for her to finish before getting down from the table." The young boy pouted and his head lowered as he stared at his lap.

Sakura, meanwhile, chewed happily on her food, savouring the flavour. Mikoto was truly a magnificent cook and Sakura knew that Inner would regret not being awake to taste her food.

"Are we having any dessert?" Shisui asked, eagerly rubbing his hands together as his mind filled with fantasies of different sweets and puddings.

"I believe you will receive a similar response as Sasuke to your question." Itachi eyed the drool leaking out of his cousin's mouth, disgusted.

Sakura ate up the last of her food and leaned back in her seat, sighing as she put a hand on her full belly. She couldn't find it in herself to care that she was in the presence of the prestigious head family of the Uchiha clan. She was so full, yet she still found herself longing to eat more of the dark-haired woman's cooking.

'If I lived in this house, I wouldn't be able to stop eating..' Usually, she wasn't the foodie, Inner always took that title out of the two of them but she just couldn't help it! The Uchiha matriarch had to be some sort of food deity, if not then she should apply to be a professional chef.

"Have you finished Sakura-chan?" Said girl's emerald eyes opened at the sound of the female's voice.

The young pinkette sat up and nodded her head. Mikoto smiled and stood up before she went around the table, collecting the dirty dishes.

"You can take Sakura-chan to your room now Sasuke-kun." She said.

Before Sakura could stand up from her seat, Sasuke had grabbed her wrist and was dragging her out of the room. They travelled through the hallway before making their way upstairs and entering the duckbutt-haired boy's room.

He let go of the pinkette's wrist and rushed over to his bed. Sakura examined the young Uchiha's bedroom, his bed was made neatly from what she could see and the small bookshelf on the opposite end of the room that she was standing in was filled with colourful books, all tidily packed away. The wooden bookshelf was attached to wooden cabinets that had round doorknobs on them which revealed that they could be opened. On top of one of the cabinets was a television and a row of three windows spanned the length of the wooden piece of furniture. The windows had blue curtains tied back to showcase the wonderful view of the dark sky outside.

Sakura hadn't even realised how late it had become. When she arrived at the Uchiha clan compound the sun had still been in the sky, the ball of light had been getting ready to disappear below the horizon though so maybe she really should have seen that coming.

'This means I'll be walking home in the dark then.' She sighed. Sakura knew that it wouldn't be pitch black out there since the streetlights were sure to light up her path home but the shadows would be darker than ever. 'I should probably think of an excuse so that Mikoto-san doesn't make Itachi-san or Shisui-san escort me home..'

Her thoughts were interrupted when Sasuke let out a triumphant yell. She blinked and walked over to him. The dark-haired boy turned to face her and shoved a toy in her face causing her to flinch backwards slightly.

"I knew it was here! Look Sakura-chan! Isn't it cool!"

"I'm afraid I can't exactly see it right now, since you have shoved it in my face."

"Oh." The toy moved out of her personal space and she was met with Sasuke's apologetic smile. The dark-haired boy had pink dusting his cheeks as he scratched the back of his head using his free hand. "Sorry about that.. I guess I was kind of over-excited.."