Chapter29

Fugaku Uchiha wasn't sure what he was expecting when his wife had told him that a new friend of Sasuke's would be coming over for dinner. He had just returned home from a long day of work and his brain didn't fully process what his wife was saying. It only registered in his mind the next morning and even then he wasn't sure how he should feel. 

"It will be good for him.  Especially because she isn't from the clan. Sakura-chan really is sweet, she is absolutely adorable and from what I can tell she has a good head on her!" The brunette's brows furrowed.

"A girl? Last I remember Sasuke wasn't very keen on girls. Where did you find her? Was she lurking around the compound? Shouldn't the child's parents be keeping a closer eye on her?"

"Actually, it was Shisui-kun who found her. He came home to have dinner with us and brought Sakura-chan along. Oh! The girl really is a darling!" The man sighed. He was beginning to grow tired of his wife's chattering.

"I understand that you.. are fond of this girl but couldn't you have warned me beforehand?"

"I told you last night." Mikoto's brows pulled together slightly as she stared at her husband. 

"Yes, but I had just come home from a busy day and I was too tired to focus on what you were saying." The female sighed.

"Very well, if you do not want Sakura-chan to come over for dinner I won't invite her.." Fugaku looked up at his wife. 

"You haven't asked her if she wants to join us yet?" 

"Of course not! I was waiting to see if you were alright with it first." 

He sighed; it wasn't usual for his wife to be so insistent. Sure, occasionally she would have her moments but usually that was when the subject was about one of their children. Ashamed as he was to admit it, he sometimes forgot that his spouse had previously been a highly respected kunoichi. His dark eyes moved to look at Mikoto's form as she walked around the room, wiping down the surfaces.

"The girl can come over for dinner tomorrow. I should be able to come home in time as well."

The Uchiha clan Matriarch turned around, a dazzling smile present on her face. She clapped her hands in childish excitement as she thanked the man.

"Thank you! I'll tell Itachi-kun to go and tell her when he comes down."

That was basically the conversation he had with his wife. Anyway, he certainly wasn't expecting Sakura to be a small girl with short, pastel pink hair and bright green eyes. The girl had the looks of a doll and was dressed up like one too. He wasn't sure if he was more surprised by her appearance or the fact that she could move.

"Hello Uchiha-sama, it is a pleasure to meet you." She inclined her head slightly.

"Hn. You as well, I have heard a lot about you from my wife."

~<*.*>~

Sakura was fully awake by the time that both Shisui and Sasuke reappeared in the room. They had both had a shower and all the grime that had previously been glued to them was gone. They had also changed out of their battered clothes and now Sasuke donned a dark grey, short-sleeved shirt and some dark trousers. Shisui wore a dark jumper with some trousers and both of their tops had their clan's symbol embroidered on the back. 

Shisui had rushed over to Sakura, his movements a blur to her emerald orbs. He picked her up and placed her on his shoulders whilst Sasuke ran up to Itachi. Mikoto walked into the room wiping her hands on a grey towel. 

"Now, I hope you two realise that we'll be having a talk about how you got yourselves in such a state." Both males bowed their heads, their eyes boring into the ground. The dark-haired woman narrowed her eyes before turning around and walking off.