Chapter17

Sakura examined the boy who had led her out to the garden of the building Shisui had taken her to. The boy looked to be around her age, he had dark hair that spiked up at the back. His eyes matched the colour of his hair and the pinkette couldn't help but recall that Inner had mentioned him being the son of the Uchiha clan head during her internal panic.

She couldn't ask her other half for any further info on the boy for Inner was asleep somewhere in their mindscape. The pinkette couldn't blame her though, it was extremely taxing to be in control of the body for long periods of time especially when one wasn't used to it.

"Why are you staring at me?" The boy in front her asked. The girl snapped out of her thoughts and noticed he was pouting and glaring at her.

"Oh sorry.." She smiled sheepishly. "Anyway.. you're Sasuke right?" The boy nodded, looking at her cautiously. Sakura tilted her head as she blinked innocently at him.

"Why are you here anyway?" He asked curiously.

"Mm, Uchi- err," Sakura corrected herself, "Shisui-san invited me over to have dinner.."

"He did?" The boy raised an eyebrow before sighing. "I guess that is something he would do.."

"Yeah.. Shisui-san is very.. exuberant.." The dark haired boy snorted and the pinkette's brows furrowed slightly.

"Ex-uber-want? What does that mean?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

Sakura blinked, "Erm exuberant means full of energy, excitement, and cheerfulness."

"Then that describes him perfectly. He's a lot more.. exuberwant then the rest of the people in our clan. One time he accidently burnt down one of the buildings in our compound! Otou-san was really mad and Shisui's face when he got in trouble was really funny!"

"Did he receive a punishment?" The pinkette asked curiously.

"Mhm! Otou-san took money out of his mission pay for like a month to pay for the damages!" Sakura thought back to what Inner had said about how Genma got stuck with library duty thanks to a certain Uchiha.

"Hmm.. I haven't known Shisui-san for long but I do know that he is quite the troublemaker."

"Mhm! I'm surprised otou-san let nii-san be friends with him. Nii-san is like- the best! He's a super cool ninja and is really powerful, he even goes on missions!" The boy continued to ramble on and Sakura could tell that he really loved and looked up to his older brother.

"Isn't Shisui-san really powerful to?"

"Huh? What do you mean?" The young Uchiha tilted his head in confusion. Sakura blinked. Did he really not know that Shisui was also a prodigy?

"Well you know how your nii-san is super talented and what not."

"Yeah, my nii-san is the best!" He cheered.

"Do you know what prodigies are?"

"Erm.. no?" The girl frowned before sighing as she thought over how to explain about prodigies to the boy.

"Ok so.. prodigies are young people with exceptional qualities or abilities. They basically show these.. skills from a young age, like whilst people their age may be still learning how to form proper sentences the things they do are a lot more advanced.." Sasuke was looking at her with wide, confused eyes.

"Huh?" The pinkette sighed as she thought through a simpler way to word her explanation.

"Basically prodigies are gifted people who develop quicker than other people their age.."

"So Shisui and nii-san are pro-prodidies?" The boy didn't pronounce the word correctly but Sakura understood what he was trying to say.

"Mhm! That's how they're so powerful and talented! They're both gifted but also cursed with being prodigies!" She smiled.

Sasuke opened his mouth to ask why she sounded so sad but before he could say anything Shisui came out to fetch them for dinner.

"Come on you two, we wouldn't want the food to get cold now would we?" He grinned as he picked them both up and tucked them under his armpits before storming off inside.

The two children struggled in his hold. " Let me go! " Sasuke whined as he tried to wriggle out of his cousin's grasp.

"Nuh-uh Sasu-cakes, that's no way to talk to your elder."

" Just put me down! " The boy growled.

"Aww, you're so feral when 'Tachi-chan 's not around.." The twelve year old pouted as he plopped them down by the dining table.

They sat down, Mikoto at the end of the table with Sakura on her right. Shisui sat opposite the pinkette whilst Sasuke sat next to her. The girl blinked at all the food that was practically glowing. Chicken gyozas, edamame beans, onigiri and oden noodles.

"Itadakimasu!" With that they all started eating. Sakura's eyes sparkled when she tasted the delicious food, the flavours popped in her mouth and she savored the taste.

"I'm sorry my husband and eldest son can't be here to eat with us. My son is on a mission and my husband is at a meeting."

"That's ok, the food is delicious by the way!" Sakura smiled at the kind woman.

"I'm glad you like it!"

They continued eating their meal and once they had finished Shisui picked up the pink haired four year old before carrying her over to the living room. Sasuke followed behind, frantically trying to help his new friend escape from his cousin's clutches.

"Shisui, let Sakura-chan go!" The young boy yelled.

"Never Sasu-cakes!" Sasuke ended up chasing Shisui around the house whilst Sakura just sighed. She was used to people yelling since Inner was forever shouting in their mindscape. She seemed to always be surrounded by childish people and that just made her have an eternal migraine.

~<*.*>~

Eventually it was time for her to leave and when Sakura told Mikoto that she was going home the woman stopped her before she could even set foot out of the house.

"Oh no dear, you can't go home alone now. It's dark already!" The woman said. "I'll get Shisui-kun to escort you home." Sakura's brow furrowed, she really didn't need someone to guide her on her way home. When she voiced her thoughts Mikoto immediately hushed her and insisted that Shisui needed to learn to be a gentleman anyway.

The pinkette didn't even have time to blink before she was walking out of the compound, Shisui walking alongside her.

"So, did you have fun?" He asked as he looked down at her.

"Mhm! Sasuke-san is good company." She smiled softly as she remembered how he chatted eagerly to her about his older brother. 

"Really? I find him kind of annoying.."

"Hmm.. I wonder if that runs in the family.." The young girl murmured quietly. Thanks to his keen hearing Shisui heard what she said and gasped dramatically as he placed his hands over his heart.

"Chibi-chan!" He exclaimed. He sounded offended but Sakura knew he was just being melodramatic. 

The pinkette rolled her eyes and they lulled into a comfortable silence as they continued to walk.

A/N: Hey guys! I'm really not too happy with this chapter and may rewrite it, please share any suggestions or anything you want included if I do! I 'm still not feeling too well but am trying my best to stick to my uploading schedule! Since I am not feeling great it's caused me to have a bit of writers block so I apologise if this chapter isn't great, I really tried hard since Sasuke and Sakura meet for the first time and I know a lot of you were looking forward to it.. 

Anyway.. 

Sorry for any mistakes!

I hope you enjoyed!