Chapter9

After two weeks of exhausting her chakra reserves and doing physical exercises as well as meditating Sakura could proudly say her chakra reserves had grown quite a bit. She had also been practising her medical ninjutsu and had finally been able to keep a steady flow of medical chakra focused to her hands for thirty minutes without breaking a sweat. She was planning on moving on to healing a fish at some point in the week and Inner had been ranting about how 'they would be the best at it because they were awesome, cha!'

Sakura was currently on her way to the library, eager to search for ways to catch a fish. She hummed a tune as she passed through the crowded streets.

'Hey Outer! Cha!' Sakura sighed as Inner spoke up.

'What is it?'

'Well I just thought you would want to know that there are rumours going around about the heir to the Uchiha clan.'

'Really? What like?'

'People are saying that he has mastered his sharingan.'

'Err.. sharingan as in what?' She could hear Inner sigh.

'The sharingan is the Uchiha clan's kekkai genkai. It basically allows the user to read or copy their opponent's movements before they happen. Cha!'

'So, they can tell the future?'

'Not quite, imagine the world around you moving in slow motion. Your enemy is about to attack you with a right jab to the stomach, the sharingan allows you to see things as if they were in slow motion giving you time to think about how you're going to react. Cha!'

'Really? That sounds so cool!'

'Yup! Although because they're basically seeing things in slow motion they can copy jutsu. Cha! The sharigan memorises what the user is seeing or whatever, so that's kind of how they copy jutsus? Cha, I'm not really too sure how to explain. Maybe if we can observe an Uchiha using the sharingan I'll be able to pick up on more information but so far that's all I really have besides from the fact the sharingan also somehow helps with casting powerful genjutsu, again I'm not too sure how to explain. Clans can be real secretive about their kekkai genkais.'

'So this Uchiha heir unlocked the sharingan to its full potential?'

'Err.. I guess? Although rumours aren't always a reliable source of information, so we shouldn't just believe everything we hear. Cha!'

'True. So do you have any info on the Uchiha clan heir?'

'Cha! Of course I do! Who do you take me for?'

'..'

'Ok maybe don't answer that.. Anyway, I believe his name is Itachi. He's apparently a prodigy and I think he is eight years old.'

'I'm guessing he's a ninja?'

'Mhm! Cha, he's a genin but many believe that he should be at least a chunin.'

'So he's powerful then. Ok, but what do people mean by the sharingan's full potential?'

'I think there are different stages to the sharingan but I can't say for certain. Cha!'

'Interesting, maybe we can find information about the Uchiha clan once we reach the library.'

'I wouldn't count on it, as I said before clans are really secretive. Cha!'

The petal haired girl continued on her journey to the library discussing what they could find out with Inner.

When they entered the library they were surprised by the man who always had a senbon in his mouth calling out to them.

"Hey, Kid! Can you come here for a second?" Sakura looked over at him and hesitated. She sighed before walking over to the man.

"What would you like shinobi-san?" She asked politely.

'This better not waste our time cha! We've got work to do!'

"I was just curious to why a little girl like you comes to the library nearly every day? Don't you have anything better to do? Do have any friends?" As much as he hated to admit it Genma was slightly concerned about the pink haired child's social life.

The four year old tensed slightly, she hated it when people brought up the term 'friends'. It wasn't that Sakura hated the idea of having a friend it was just that every time her mother convinced her to approach other children and try to befriend them they always laughed at her and teased her for having a big forehead or having unusual colouring. Sakura didn't understand why they found so much satisfaction in making others suffer, she always tried to ignore them which wasn't too difficult since she had a voice in her head who was screaming about getting back at everyone who wronged her. The sound of her voice brought her out of her musings.

"Instead of asking us about our life why don't you mind your own business and work on solving your own problems? Cha!" Sakura then found herself storming off deeper into the library.

'What the heck was that?' Sakura blinked as she felt control of her body return.

'I may have gotten a bit annoyed..'

'That was you?' Sakura gawked. 'But I thought you could only take control of my left arm!'

'You're not the only one who's been working hard! Cha!'

Sakura sweat dropped, 'So you can control our whole body now?'

'Not quite.. I can control your mouth, arms and legs but that's basically it. Cha.'

'Interesting..'

'Yup, but I get really tired..'

'Understandable, you can rest whenever you want to.'

'Cha!'

Sakura looked for any books on how to catch a fish. She found three books and sat at a desk and started reading. She found out that there were two main ways of catching a fish without a fishing rod and some bait. Either lure it in (which would require bait) or she could startle the fish into swimming away and into a trap. Sakura decided that she would try out the latter option first.

Closing the book she placed them back where they belonged before making her way out of the library; but not without sneaking a glance in the direction of the man she had labelled as Shinobi-san. He was reading his book but the child noticed that he was obviously aware of her presence, if the small twitch of his right ear was anything to go by.

Sakura exited the library and made her way to her clearing.

A/N: So Sakura learns more about the Uchiha clan, the sharingan in particular.

Sorry for any mistakes I have a medical condition that may cause me to not post sometimes but I'll try my best!

Please vote and comment I would really appreciate it!