train boy | wilbur

she/her | wilbur soot

(based off tommy's recent tik tok)

-

I see him everyday. I don't know how he always manages to get on my train car but he always ends up doing so. He gets on around 9:00pm. He always sits near the back.

Today was different, he got on like normal but the train stopped. Trains break down semi-regularly in town but the conductor said it would be a good 45 minutes. The thing is, everyone got at this mans stop, it was just me and him remaining. 

Although I could tell he was a quiet individual like myself, I liked to think he could also be an extrovert. I make up a lot of things about him like that. I named him Matthew. I assumed his favorite color would be white but then realized he would probably be the person to make the argument with someone that white is a reflection of all the colors, not an actual color. I like to think he's some sort of accountant, I feel like math would have been his favorite subject. He probably likes to think his music taste is underground and that you "probably wouldn't of heard of it before". He seems like a cat person because he either thinks he's similar to them or just wants to be different. 

"Hey?"

Had Matthew been talking to me this whole time?

"Oh, hi sorry, I spaced out," I say sheepishly.

"It's alright!" he reassures, "What had you so deep in thought there?"

"Just wondering when we'd be unstuck, you know?" I say as an excuse.

"Oh yeah totally, I get that," He looks up trying desperately to think of the next small talk line. He moves up to the seat across from me.

"How rude of me sorry, I'm William. But you can call me Will," He extends his hand. I take it.

"Pleasure to meet you, Ma- Will! I'm Y/n."

"Ma?"

"I'm sorry! I just see you all the time on the train that I've just sort of been calling you Matthew in my head," My mouth really does move way faster than my brain sometimes. He throws his head back and laughs.

"Do I really look like a Matthew to you?" He asks.

"Well I mean William and Matthew are similar in length!" He laughs once again. "So what else have you made up about me?"

I go through and explain all my "Matthew lore" that I had made up in my head. The two things that really got him were the favorite color and the music one. He said that he always used to tell kids that white was not a color when he was younger all the time. And apparently he's a musician so I was spot on with that.

Before we even know it, the train starts moving again and after some more laughs about Matthew, it's my stop. 

"Well, Will," I frown, getting up, "I'll see you tomorrow," I say departing the train.

The ironic thing about that is he wasn't on the train that next day, or the next, or the following. I was going to get his number that next day but I wanted to make a cool exit or so I thought.

So I waited everyday, until a month later I saw him.

"Will?" I ask looking up at him. He rushes over to me. 

"Where have you been?" he asks.

"I could say the same to you!" 

Turns out Wills been getting on one car off this entire time and not realizing.

"Well I was going to ask you this a month ago before you got off that night but, can I get your number?" He smiles. I hand him my phone and he puts his contact as "Matthew❤️".

-

SCHOOLS ALMOST OUT BUT I STILL WANNA DIE??? anyways yeah i just imagined this out of tommys tik tok bc why not???? drink water eat food and my braces are killing me rn I just got them yesterday. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

(UPDATED : 6/3/22)

(WORDS : 650)