candle girl | karl

karl x reader | she/herrequest - noneeeshort summary - its based off the story that karl tweeted/told on stream with big q about a cute girl at bed, bath & body works, im trying to go off what stories karl told lmao-y/n pov

request - noneee
short summary - its based off the story that karl tweeted/told on stream with big q about a cute girl at bed, bath & body works, im trying to go off what stories karl told lmao
-
y/n pov

i sit behind the counter at my boring job. nothing interesting really happens and i smell like so many scents. i look up and see a cute boy walk in. i smile to myself and look away so he wouldnt see me staring. i look back over at him and he looks lost. i decide to do my job and i walk over to him.

"hey do you need help with anything?" i say.

"yeah i- uh need help with candles!" he says.

"oh well im perfect for that," i say smiling. i see him blush slightly.

"do you know what kind of scents you like or are you looking for recommendations?" i ask.

"im not sure- i guess recommendations," he says.

"oh okay well i have some favorites i could show you," i say. i walk around thr store with him for about 15 minutes and he picks out 4 candles. when ringing him up i decide to be bold today. i scribble my number on his receipt while he goes to grab his wallet and i stuff it in the bag, i hope he doesnt throw out receipts. he leaves with a smile and a wave and for the rest of the day i cant stop thinking of candle boy. i dont even know his name.

• after work lol •

i couldnt get candle boy off my mind. didnhe just throw out the receipt? did he just decide to not call me? is he thinking about me like im thinking about him?

• one week later •

candle boy never responded. i just assumed he threw out the receipt or just wasn't interested. either way, i lost my chance. until.. i get a weird text from my friend.

(friend)
Y/N SERIOUS QUESTION!!

(me)
whats up?

(friend)
WHILE WORKING IN THE PAST COUPLE WEEKS DID YOU GIVE YOUR NUMBER OUT TO A DUDE?

(me)
what the fuck how do you know??

(friend)
YOUR JOKING?!?!?!

(me)
im so confused how the fuck did you know i did that?

(friend)
JUST WATCH THIS OMFG

she sends a youtube video with CANDLE BOY IN THE THUMBNAIL? i dont even bother reading the title before clicking it. it appears hes talking to a friend in real life and maybe some online. he tells a story about how he talked to a 'cute candle girl' and just asked for candle recommendations just to talk to her? me? he then proceeded to explain that she gave him her number but he didn't realize before throwing it out that she had scribbled her number for him and he basically lost his chance with candle girl. i sigh. if only there was an actual way to reach him and tell him its me. but hes an internet celebrity. theres no way he'd find me. i text my friend back and we joke about how i could of dated him. karl jacobs.

• a couple days later •

i thought about candle boy a lot, or karl.. i thought about karl a lot. i watched some more things he was in like mr beast videos and a couple stream highlights. he was so funny and cute and his laugh was adorable. i couldn't get him off my mind. and thats when it happened.

he walked through the store front doors with the friend he was with telling the story. my eyes widen at the sight of him but i go on my phone pretending i didnt see him. i quickly text my friend, telling her he was here and then it happened.

"uhm hi," he say. i look up and see him standing at the counter. im at a lose of words but remember im still working.

"hi what can i do for you guys?" i ask.

"im not sure if you remember me but you wrote your number on my receipt but i lost it. is there anyway you can give it to me again?" he asks shyly. i smile at him feelibg my cheeks warm up.

"i- yes of course! i say pulling out some sticky note and pen and scribble my number down and give it to him again.

"dont loose it this time," i say with a slight smirk. he smiles at me.

"i wont," and with that they walk out the the store. i see his friend hitting him on the shoulder and both them freaking out a bit. i laugh slightly and shake my head, going to grab my phone to tell my friend that karl asked for my number but get a different text.

(unknown number)
hey candle girl :)

(me)
hey, candle boy <3

-
WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK THANK YOU SO MUCH LFR 800+ READS WHYYY
(updated: 1/16/21)
(words: 832)